Comments

• @ justamom, you said it "Dr. Paul has bigger problems to deal with, especially when the problems have departments and contacts to take care of it". Is he now too involved with other " departments and contacts" to take care of District 14 Issues?
    In 1994 when I retired, I was given a flag, A flag which was flown over the capital in Austin. When my brother retired, he was told they no longer give out flags "free" due to the fact they are too expensive and too many service men and women are requesting them. They will get you one but you have to pay for it.
    I did contact the VA and the VA legal services, but was informed to contact my representative "Mr. Ron Paul", that is why I went to his office and talked to Ms. Gore. Dr. Westerman (Va)stated "Why don't you contact Mr. Ron's Paul office, he's always helping veterans, I showed her the letter I had drafted for his endorsement and the survey his office had sent me and the response I gave. Dr. Shook also advised I contact Mr. Paul's office for help. As Mr. Paul helps vets get decorations and their paperwork done, I felt he would help me with my problem, even Ms. Gore stated I had a good case and even recommended I draft a letter and sent it to Mr. Paul for his endorsement to show his support, Which I did. As Mr. Paul's office showed concern as to how helpful they were by sending me the survey, I wish they would have also been as concern when I replied they had not.

October 5, 2010 at 11:21 a.m.
  • Mr. Paul will not get my vote. While I have agreed with him on some issues, many others are too far right. I am a Independant.

October 5, 2010 at 10:26 a.m.
  • Ron Paul is a joke, and has been from the beginning. Big money keeps him in office and its way past time to get him out !!!

October 5, 2010 at 9:46 a.m.
  • Not going to happen. He is a fantastic rep and most of his votes from the Brazoria county region are people he has treated and/or delivered. Dr. Paul even delivered my husband.
    Jiminvic- the flag is the responsibility of the funeral home not the congressman or the VA. The funeral home charges a fee to pick up the flag at the VA and have it ready for you to pick up. Funeral directors are even taught how to fold it appropriatly. I suggest you go back to them.
    el69runner- If you are a vet call the VA legal services.
    Dr. Paul has bigger problems to deal with, especially when the problems have departments and contacts to take care of it.

October 5, 2010 at 8:10 a.m.
  • el69runner appears to be like me, totally fed up with Paul's lying and arrogance. My wife, a disabled veteran, died a few years ago, I never received a flag. I called everyone, even Pauls' office. I guess he was too busy making a fool of himself on television. His aide told me that they could not do anything, I asked about checking with the VA his aide said they could not check with the VA without the VA's approval. I then asked to talk to the congressman. The aide said he is not in town. That night he appeared at a local function in Victoria.
    Anyone would be better then this old man. He has outlived what usefulness he ever had, if any.

October 5, 2010 at 5:40 a.m.
  • el69runner - Sounds to me like Mr. Paul does not care about YOU! Just cares about your vote.

October 5, 2010 at 4:45 a.m.
  • I am a disable retired AF military veteran with 26 years active duty. I have contacted Mr. Paul's office in Lake Jackson, sent 2 Certified letters to his office in Washington, called his office in Washington and talked to "Norman" (his aid), and even visited his office in Victoria and talked to Ms. Gore to no avail. I received a survey from Mr. Paul's office asking how helpful they had been. I responded they had not and to please contact me due to the fact I needed help with problems I was having with the Labor Board. It has been nearly 2 years and I still have not received a reply from Mr. Paul.

October 4, 2010 at 9:10 p.m.