Home » 80 AC units taken from UHV » Unverified Comments

Comments

• Vox I'm corrected. Lack of sleep caused me to read too fast. I thought there was security but upon misreading it seemed someone had a long time to load all this.

October 6, 2010 at 1:29 p.m.
  • kash I heard there is security at the dorm and a lot of it - i hear that uhv is very serious about the student's safety and from what i have read this did not happen at the dorm.

October 6, 2010 at 1:18 p.m.
  • Just to clarify, it looks like this happened at the facilities building, not at Jaguar Hall. They aren't in the same place.

October 6, 2010 at 11:13 a.m.
  • Look closely at who knew that these units were there. Most criminals are opportunist. Out of sight and out of mind usually leaves only one factor to consider.

October 6, 2010 at 11:10 a.m.
  • It surprises me (well actually it doesn't) that UHV has no security guard at the dorms. To load 80 AC units would take some time. I guess we are lucky none of the students interrupted the free for all.

October 6, 2010 at 10:32 a.m.
  • I'll just bet the copper thieves just hit the jackpot!

October 6, 2010 at 10:10 a.m.
  • roberttx they stole that old airplane that was sitting out there! didn't you notice they took it a piece at a time!

October 6, 2010 at 9:12 a.m.
  • I just despise people ("This is sad others have to steal to support habits") that categorize others as if they are all one way. You know, I'm Not a criminal but if I was a thief it would not mean I have a habit. Not all thieves are dope fiends with habits. just like not all politicians are crooks!

October 6, 2010 at 7 a.m.

October 6, 2010 at 5:44 a.m.
  • Hopefuly a tip will come in soon, or some how a video camera caught something. This is sad others have to steal to support habbits. Praying that UHV will recover. And the crooks are caught. Some how soemone had to see something. Come on that many units in that amount of time. VPD I have trust in yall.

October 6, 2010 at 5:23 a.m.
  • roberttx- it does not matter where the A/C units were at, the crooks would have stolen them anyway. Do crooks not operate at the airport? If it is sitting there for the taking it is a possisble target.
    Maybe a night security guard would have been the thing to do in this case. Hind sight is always 20/20. Hope they catch them! Go VPD!

October 5, 2010 at 11:58 p.m.
  • if the campus was out by the airport, this wouldn't happen.

sounds like the crossroads commission on education is really on to something !

October 5, 2010 at 11:20 p.m.