Comments

• maybe vpd / vcso should be on the look out for tape and float crews

for the life of me, i cant imagine someone in a construction crew carrying a pocket knife. on top of this, the tape and float crew had a time machine to go into the future in order to google "altering pocket knives for fighting".

it's a scary world out there

October 14, 2010 at 10:04 a.m.

October 14, 2010 at 9:47 a.m.
  • I have seen the size of the security personal and I do have to say they are some big youngsters. Takes more than size to be a good cooler, it takes a little recognition of watching your clientele studying the body language watching for little groups looking around at certain directions and keeping an eye on your power drinkers taking shot after shot to work his courage up. True once in the parking lot they are not their responsibility but the safety of your patrons are so your job was not done correctly, the police should of have been called after the first fight things like these do not go away after a few punches are thrown. Especially if it is a group. That is just my opinion having been in the security business from the worst to the finest places for the past 30 years.

October 13, 2010 at 5:48 p.m.
  • Amen Bighorn LOL!

October 13, 2010 at 3:35 p.m.
  • Stand alone bars are a poor business proposition in Victoria. I pity any "Sam Malone" that decides owning a drinking establishment here is his early retirement project. He/she is determined to fail.

When I first moved to Victoria ten years ago, I sampled a few of the local bars to check out a ball game, share a few laughs, discuss sports and current events, and generally relax from the grinds of daily life. I soon discovered that daylight hours were the only safe times one could enjoy a adult beverage, as about dark-thirty the under belly of Victoria showed up. Apparently our local drinking population enjoys "practicing" for a few hours prior to "stepping out", in order to "have a good time". A "good time" evidently includes getting pissed off at the world (or a woman, or an opposing race, or anybody who looks at you wrong) and preparing to do battle in order to defend one's honor. Numerous occasions, I observed evil-eyed, surly half-drunks invade an establishment and rapidly turn it from a "ok" place to dump, just by their presence and state of mind. I deny ever having had any direct conflict with any fellow patron, but I'd advise bar attendees to 1.)not accidently bump into another patron, 2.)not even glance at a member of the oposite sex, 3.)certainly not be behave as if you are content with your life. To act otherwise is to invite conflict either within the establishment, or out in the parking lot as you depart.

Ever notice the absence of "happy" people during Happy Hour?

October 13, 2010 at 4:40 a.m.
  • It is very interesting how the truth can get so twisted up that the story is now not even what actually happened. I happened to be in this bar that night when this supposed "full-on-brawl" occured...that is if you call 4 or more people jumping 1 person for accidentally bumping into them on the way back from the bar a "full-on-brawl" It was one instance in the club & no not 3 fights between the same people. Where this came from I am unsure. They were all taken out right after that by security. Let me tell ya if I was at a bar just trying to have a decent time with my wife & I got jumped by multiple thugs for no reason just because they had alittle too much to drink, my fists would be flying also to defend myself in that club. That's where this episode was different. You can control how you act, but you can't control everyone else. Is it possible this group of men who jumped this 1 man were waiting for him after closing time & he had to defend himself again??? That's the real question...what do you do when you are alone and these people come after you for the second time & there is no one around to protect/help you (security)??

October 12, 2010 at 4:02 p.m.
  • Jeez.....people getting drunk and fighting at a bar. Imagine that.

On a related note, did anybody notice this "joint's" proximity to "Stoner Rd." on the map?

I'm just sayin'......

October 12, 2010 at 3:27 p.m.
  • momofallboys - "Were did these knives come into play if the door men are checking??? I say this bar needs to be shut down until they can get the crap together. If your not allowed to drink and drive? Why does a bar sale achocol??"

To answer that, Could of got the knives out of the car after getting thrown out.

Secondly, I guees you never heard of a taxi or designated driver.

SO, BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

October 12, 2010 at 2:46 p.m.
  • So if someone gets in a fight outside of Starbucks, its the coffee shop's fault because they were hopped up on coffee? I think instead of kicking fighters out, they should hold them and call the police immediately at all bars.

October 12, 2010 at 2:30 p.m.
  • Very Interesting but a closer look is required.

3 fights at the same location with the same people. Kicked out of bar after first fight. Two more fights in parking lot and stabbings.

Bar has SECUIRTY you see them walking around with the word security on all of their shirts.

The newspaper states they have received a ticket for not reporting similar incidents. Seems to be a problem here.

The bottom line is when you allow people to just get drunk in a bar and don't care then you have this happen.

As the tabc guy said we are looking into an aggravated breach of the peace. i would think this is serious. All I know is when you have the same group invlved in three seperate fights and did not do anything after the first fight much less on your second opportunity with the second fight then you get three people stabbed in the third fight you are not smarter than a fifth grader.

October 12, 2010 at 12:30 p.m.
  • Well, while we're at it why not shut down the local gun and knife clubs...Alicia's Place and that one on Houston Highway that is forever changing names. Those places are always on the top of the list for fights.

October 12, 2010 at 10:32 a.m.
  • "Ure, who described the fight as a "full-out brawl" among the men, said officers think alcohol was a significant contributing factor to the fight."

Such a sage observation...the chief is a brilliant scholar of criminal behavior.

October 12, 2010 at 9:59 a.m.
  • Okay first before anyone starts booing my comment.... Isn't there a limit of achocol that can be sereved to one person. When you mix achocol and anger together it ends up a problem. Were did these knives come into play if the door men are checking??? I say this bar needs to be shut down until they can get the crap together. If your not allowed to drink and drive? Why does a bar sale achocol??

October 12, 2010 at 8:27 a.m.
  • I used to be a bartender and I was responsible for my partons. If a patron got drunk at my bar and then got into a accident, he could sue me for letting him get drunk. We had fights at the bar and I have stopped many fights. It is not the fault of the bar that the fights happen. It is the fault of the patrons. Some people just should not drink alcohol. Some people get drunk and want to fight. It does not matter who they fight. They don't care, they just want to prove something to someone. I'll bet the fight was over a woman.

October 12, 2010 at 4:41 a.m.
  • "avictoria" I agree with you!
    I do not see how anyone can even consider it being the bar's fault! First of all this happened in the parking lot, after the men were kicked out immediately and released separately. The knife fight could have happened anywhere afterward, they just chose to fight it out there!
    As loving to socialize and go out dancing (unlike MANY people in this town who just love to hide out indoors and criticize everyone else), I occasionally go to this establishment myself! In fact, since they opened, they are the only place I will go to anymore! They are the most "strict" club in this town, actually--and this is the reason I go there! I feel safe there! Their security and preventative measures to avoid problems (dress code, no weapons, ZERO TOLERANCE fighting policy) surpasses other similar clubs.
    There are some things i observed there, they even have signs stating most of this... If someone gets too intoxicated, they not only ask the person to leave, but arrange a ride for the person! If someone is caught fighting they are escorted out, IDs copied, and put on a list that bans them for one year, and the authorities are called!
    They do what they can, and after this incident, I'm sure they will get even more strict, but again, this is the reason they are the only 'club' I go to--(I foresee parking lot patrol)! This is just a very large club and has the capacity over twice that of any other in town. Its difficult to prevent everything, but they sure do try!

..also, as you see, i do not conceal my identity and post anonymous comments bashing everything like most on here...

I just ask you think reasonably before you 'cast the first stone!'

October 12, 2010 at 1:06 a.m.
  • I thought this crap was at Cactus Canyon now. Dem thugs making their way to Cowgirls already?

October 12, 2010 at 1 a.m.
  • I bet there was some tension at Citizens' ER when these three drunk, free bleeding, macho dudes all gathered up to receive medical attention. Add a few females who may have a "drama queen" personality to add a little fuel to the fire. Wow....

Sounds like it was two against one, unless there were three individuals who just didn't like each other. Did the women do the stickin or was it the knives come out on third down (fight)?

It's really sad. We could have had fatalities on this one. Hopefully these guys don't belong to gangs and they will not seek revenge. Just think, our law officers have to deal with this disfunctional crap week after week. Thank God they are willing to serve and protect the community.

October 11, 2010 at 9:51 p.m.
  • Right...It's TOTALLY the establishment's fault and not the drunk idiots who were fighting....

October 11, 2010 at 8:59 p.m.
  • So it did look like the mike jakson video, Just Beat It!!!

October 11, 2010 at 8:58 p.m.
  • These guys need to get some of them personal injury attorneys, and recoup their expenses and suffering from that club. Appears the security is inadequate there, not addressing and stopping the problem properly.

October 11, 2010 at 8:36 p.m.
  • Shut it down.

October 11, 2010 at 7:33 p.m.
  • sounds like this place is a public danger

October 11, 2010 at 7:30 p.m.
  • I'd be happy if the drunks leaving this place would just drive north or south instead of east or west on 59.

October 11, 2010 at 7:28 p.m.
  • What A dweeb.......This is a place of business just like any other business. The business they do may be not to your liking but to say it needs to be shut down because someone got killed or almost got killed is absurd. If someone left your favorite restaurant and and got killed because they over ate and fell asleep should the restaurant be closed down because they served the food? Hey if a fight broke out over the salad bowls should they be shut down? Victorian hypocrites need to quit picking on bars to make themselves look good....for what? A fight can happen anywhere with alcohol or not.....hey it happened at a soccer game remember? Moms, no alcohol, should we ban soccer games? Shutting down the bar is not the answer, fine the trouble makers, and the establishment, (if they did something wrong) Ban the trouble makers from entering any bar for 1 year, put there name on a barred list and distribute it to all establishments that sell alcohol in the county, jail the ones that break the law, and make it mandatory that the establishment have security on site. Anything can be done, but trying to put them out of business is not the answer. I don't like the cowgirls club and do not go there, so if your thinking I'm protecting them you would be wrong.

October 11, 2010 at 7:09 p.m.
  • This place needs to be closed down. It was just two months ago that two guys left so intoxicated they crashed and the passenger was killed. How many people need to be killed or almost killed before someone takes notice.

October 11, 2010 at 6:34 p.m.