Comments

• That should read " didn't ever buy..."

October 21, 2010 at 5:10 p.m.
  • thepeoplesadvocate

Did I say Pozzi did every buy anything locally? NO!

I know Pozzi, his two boys, and their wives, which by the way are very lovely ladies. Even Don's ex-wife is a wonderful woman.

How can most anyone in this community attend a CC meeting when it's held midmornings on Monday’s? Everyone is out working supporting their families. Even his own family are unable to attend do to their work obligations.

However, I have been able to attend a handful of meetings over the past year. They usually last 15 to 30 minutes; typically voting without any real discussion of what's on the agenda. Janak is usually the only one who does his homework and brings information to the table, Gary starts to chime in a little nonsense, Wayne tends to see which direction the wind is blowing before he votes, and Kenny just sits there with drool coming out of his mouth. All you hear from Pozzi is "I think that department is doing an outstanding job..." Let’s spend some money - all in favor say "I".

I also have made an effort in knowing about both candidates and their platform. I truly believe that Matt Ocker has the intellect, vigor, and fortitude to bring this county's budget and expenditures back to a sound state. He represents the masses.

October 21, 2010 at 5:09 p.m.
  • My post"campaign contributions for charity " did not mention auctioned items but more to the idea of using campaign contributions in support of a charity.... The auction items were mentioned by another poster using hearsay evidence; which I discounted.

Campaign contributions are supposed to be used for advertising in one form or another... A candidate can use it for the " Goodyear blimp" or give it to a local charity....

October 19, 2010 at 11:09 a.m.
  • mike, using campaign funds to purchase auction items is a violation of campaign laws.

justataxpayer, do you have any information to back up your statements ?

October 19, 2010 at 11:01 a.m.
  • Lol.... Using campaign contributions for charity is now being demonized.... Politicians do this on a daily basis. Integrity is what you do when no one is looking..... Unless you can separate Judge Pozzi's heart from his wallet; it's politics of desperation.

October 19, 2010 at 9:54 a.m.
  • I really don't see how people can make accusations without listing witnesses, time, and places.... He said, she said is not verifiable.

October 19, 2010 at 9:48 a.m.

October 19, 2010 at 9:47 a.m.
  • 'Mr Pozzi was reimbursed for purchases and coded the purchases as advertising.'

he made purchases at the auction and labeled those purchases as 'advertising' ?

October 18, 2010 at 11:32 p.m.
  • are you saying he's using campaign funds to make these purchases ?

if so, im pretty sure that's against the law

October 18, 2010 at 10:49 p.m.
  • so pozzi can't make purchases at benefit auctions ?

October 18, 2010 at 10:48 p.m.
  • So you believe Mr. Ocker is the only one that believes in supporting the community? Mr. Pozzi has done more for this community than Ocker probably ever will...but you would not no that because my guess is you have zero knowlegde about Mr. Pozzi and have never attended even a single commissioners court meeting.

October 18, 2010 at 6:16 p.m.
  • thepeoplesadvocate

I was talking to a neighbor of mine and he told me that a locally owned print/sign shop did Ocker's campaign signs. I suppose Ocker was trying to keep is dollars spent here with our local small business'. Maybe he’s about supporting our community?

October 18, 2010 at 4:55 p.m.
  • el69runner

I think all you have to do is go down to the Elections Office and get those campaign contribution reports from them. You will be able to see all those listed who contributed. Typically it will be in the company owner’s name, not the actual company name itself.

October 18, 2010 at 4:46 p.m.
  • If you look at the paint peeling off Ockers signs it looks like $53.00 is all he spent and paid to much. The guy has no business running the county. In regards to Pozzi's contibutions you have to realize Krueger and folks like him are also citizens that care a lot about the community they live in. If they choose to donate to a person they think has the communites best interest in heart .... what would you have them do with the money? Consider what you yourself give back to this community if you give at all. If you had some to give wouldn't you give it to someone or something?

October 18, 2010 at 4:27 p.m.
  • Zero said: "That would be the mature thing to do..."

I suspect most citizens would agree the mature thing to do would be to not accept the questionable donations. I don't think it's worth the hassle to be suspected of something even if everything's above board. What are your thoughts on the way Jeff Williams was crucified for accepting $5k from James Wayne?

October 18, 2010 at 12:16 a.m.
  • Every time I think that Matt Ocker is learning patience and wisdom, he goes and talks to the newspaper. I was just telling someone yesterday that I won't vote for Matt now, but in ten years he might mature into someone that I would trust to run the county.

If Matt thinks Don Pozzi has committed some crime, he should say it, instead of hinting at it. And if he has a problem with a county contract he should say it, instead of hinting at it. That would be the mature thing to do, instead of spreading unsubstantiated gossip and opinion.

Sorry, Matt, but right now you aren't ready to trust to be a mature leader of our community. And there aren't any signs that you are growing up.

October 18, 2010 at 12:06 a.m.
  • Pozzi's record shows he accepted money from the owner of businesses such as Krueger Construction, a company awarded many bids by the county. Question...what other companies that he accepted monies from were awarded many bids by the county?
    Not saying that's a complete indication of wrongdoing or malfeasance," However, an old wise person once said "You don't bite the hand that feeds you "In other words, would these companies be willing to donate such contributions if this was not the case? Or, these companies are not in the business of not getting anything in return for their investment. Good old boy syndrome....you rub my back I'll rub your back...

October 17, 2010 at 10:30 a.m.
  • "it obviously costs money to get your slogan and message out there"
    ====
    The message here is pretty obvious.

October 17, 2010 at 9:06 a.m.
  • What happens to the money left over, especially if the person doesn't win?

October 17, 2010 at 12:08 a.m.