Comments

• IMO, the biggest problem is the convenience stores, you go in and buy a can of soda and a bag of chips, and the cashier automatically puts the items in a bag. There is no reason to put a couple of items in a bag.

October 31, 2010 at 4:30 p.m.
  • It's a conspiracy I say. If plastic grocery bags are banned, that would mean I would have to buy trash bags for some waste baskets, like the ones in the bathrooms, the grocery bags fit perfect.

So the bag manufacturers take a hit by not selling them to stores, they will make some of their sales up by selling trash bags to people that re used the grocery bags.

October 31, 2010 at 4:27 p.m.
  • I live in Brownsville, and no it is not a cool idea.

October 31, 2010 at 12:44 p.m.
  • I am glad they are trying to get away from the plastic bags, they are a mess people throw them in back of there trucks and down the road they go and off the bags fly, Same way with feed bags. I still like paper bags at least you can burn them and if you live out in country and don't have trash pick up, but there question about saving trees also so it a problem either way reusable bags are a great idea but most stores charge for them and people having hard enought time buying food without paying for bags to use to take there food home. Maybe stores could bring us our groceries and put them up for us and we wouldn't have to worry about plastic or paper bags I like the last choise what do you think?

October 20, 2010 at 8:32 a.m.
  • Go Brownsville! Wouldn't it be cool if Victoria adopted something similar?! :) Then maybe people wouldn't look at me crazy for bringing my own bags to HEB! :)

October 20, 2010 at 8:30 a.m.

October 20, 2010 at 3:29 a.m.