Comments

• I heard Chase Brown was coming back and forth between Victoria and Las Vegas. He is a wonderful preformer/enterainer and I feel that he will do just fine in a city that makes its money on that Preformers and Entertainers. Vegas is that type of town. If he wants to make a career out of Singing Nashville or New York. Chase would make great show in Vegas. Does he have dues to pay yes but he will make it. I just hope the little groupie that took all that money from his last preformance gets what they got coming. Good luck Chase!!! Make It big and let them all cry in their beer or wine.

August 4, 2011 at 12:45 p.m.
  • I have heard Chase at several locations and I have to agree his voice on some songs could be better - just because your LOUD in a place singing - doesn't make you great. He is a very good performer/entertainer and he always be - but really - Singer?

Loud singing is one thing (Karaoke) - all it is - But I do say good luck over there in Vegas because they will either love him to death or kill him on stage the first night. That is where the big boys go - and is he ready - we will see.

If he was that good - you think he would have been found sooner (10 yrs) - might a long time..

Good luck...

October 28, 2010 at 10:48 p.m.
  • Chase your so loved by your fans and your going to be missed you have our blessing. Will miss you ... as for the haters out there -get a life.

October 28, 2010 at 7:56 p.m.
  • Pigskin - You know what they say about opinions right?

October 28, 2010 at 10:31 a.m.
  • Bcoop, FiredUp & Paparon, just to be clear, I never said Chase Brown couldn't sing, act or be an entertainer in Las Vegas. He could. But please read my comment over, since you clearly missed it the first time. I do have a musical ear, and Chase's vocals are the weakest part of his act. That's just a fact, not a slam. There are many who do make it that cannot sing well. Madonna, Britney, Janet Jackson, Kurt Cobain, ... I can go on, but that's just a few. If you really want to hear high quality vocals by a man from Victoria, go see Brett Jones at our Victoria Community Theatre. You will then, hopefully, hear the difference. Stay classy.

October 28, 2010 at 10:30 a.m.
  • good luck Chase! don't listen to the haters! just think of all the great entertainers that have come out of this great state!

October 28, 2010 at 9:05 a.m.
  • Good Luck, Chase!
    Bring on the haters! Jealously is crappy thing! Keep your head high and don't listen to any of them!

October 28, 2010 at 8:52 a.m.
  • I have been in the music business for more than 30 years. I do know some of the national acts. Chase Brown has a decent voice and will have a hard time in Vegas! That town will chew him up and spit him out. His voice is not good enough to make it in Vegas for very long. He will be playing the same type venues there as he plays here. Small to medium size bars and some festivals. I don't think he will be playing a headline show in Vegas. He still has dues to pay in the business. I think Chase Brown will be back in Victoria playing again within two years.

To Chase Brown- Please do not take my comment to heart. Do your best in Vegas. I hope I am wrong but you know the challange ahead of you is all uphill! Good luck with your music career! This from a retired musician. NEVER forget to watch your back and always have a plan "B".

October 28, 2010 at 6:01 a.m.
  • To be honest, normally I find this stuff really hokey and find it laughable that people think they're going to pack up their stuff and move and if they try really hard, they just KNOW they'll make it. I mean, they've got their fingers crossed and everything! But in this case, I really do hope he succeeds, and I really do believe that Chase has what it takes to actually make a name for himself and build himself a long-lasting legacy.

I first met him years ago, and my husband and I just cracked UP at this little girly-boy wearing angel wings, flitting around the bar in makeup and no shoes. We rolled our eyes and kept to our drinks, but we both had to admire his attitude, and I swear to god his sheer love of performing is what's going to get him his dream. He's so incredibly comfortable being who he is, and he can and will be anything you want him to be, with no complaints from him. He's not for everyone, but then again, neither are a lot of people who are now famous and living their wildest dreams.

October 28, 2010 at 2:51 a.m.
  • Pigskin you are average can you sing,dance how about bring joy to the people of south Texas no. I think you need to get to know cause better before you pass any form of judgement. Average is the person that has no artistic talent can you sing and perform for others. You sound like the type that goes to church and does not put an offering in. Why knock the man he is bettering himself if he was so average why would he be asked to perform in Vegas on stage. Judgement is not for us to make that is God's job. Chase will be one of the greats just look at what he has done across south Texas. Chase we love you and support you all the way brake a leg as they say

October 28, 2010 at 1:08 a.m.
  • SNAP!

October 27, 2010 at 10:02 p.m.
  • Victoriaparent 06 no offense takenand I agree with you about society but if you have ever been to Lu Raqs he keeps it pg when he performs there. It's not like we are taking her to a bar this establishment is family oriented .

October 27, 2010 at 9:51 p.m.
  • Chase Brown does have a good voice and he is definitely an entertainer. However, no performance of his that I've ever seen, is fit for a 4 year old's eyes. No offense Bcoop. I just feel like society in general, not you, has thrown any ounce of morality that was left in this world out the window. Jersey Shore is one of the most popular TV shows for young viewers today. Need I say more?

October 27, 2010 at 9:03 p.m.
  • Ms. Johnson I have to agree with you! Chase Brown puts in a show like no one I have ever seen . My 4 yr old daughter begs me to take her to see chase when he performs and she listens to him on the radio on the way to school. Chase has a voice like no other to be able to sing a duet solo and sound as good or even better than the originals you have to be extremely good . Pigskin can you sing a duet solo? I doubt it ... Instead of hating on someone that has an amazing talent you should be practicing on your lack if talent.

October 27, 2010 at 8:02 p.m.
  • It's not just vocals. Its looks, stage presents, type of music, and ambition.
    Chase Brown owns all these qualities. And at the very least he is following his dream. KUDOS Chase!!!

pigskin, what can you say that you are doing, other than knocking someone for their efforts?

October 27, 2010 at 6:54 p.m.
  • Ms. Johnson, with all due respect, if that's the best vocals you've ever heard, you need to get out more. He's average at best.

October 27, 2010 at 6:42 p.m.