Comments

• Holly1...From your keyboard to the legislature's ears! There should be a way to stop this kind of lawsuit abuse, but, unfortunately, most of the legislators are LAWYERS! I don't expect them to do anything about it.

November 3, 2010 at 8:03 a.m.
  • Do the words ILLEGAL ALIEN committing ILLEGAL activities by ILLEGALLY entering this country mean anything any more??? It's to bad they had to die trying to better themselves but no way in heck should their families profit from this. That would be like drug dealers suing the police for finding their ILLEGAL drugs in a truck for loss of income. This is a prime case of greedy lawyers taking advantage of someones tragedy. This should be ILLEGAL and these GREEDY lawyers should have their licenses revoked and put in jail for ILLEGAL activities. No person should benefit from ILLEGAL actions and that includes GREEDY lawyers most of all. We need a law passed that would take all the lawyers money away or limit the amount they can get to such a small amount for this kind of lawsuit that none would file such stupid lawsuits. Tort reform is long over due no one should be awarded millions for stupid things like this or for things like spilling HOT coffee on yourself and suing for millions because it was HOT. These types of lawsuits need to be made ILLEGAL!!!!!!!

November 3, 2010 at 7:57 a.m.
  • An unfortunate lesson I learned in business some years ago comes to mind.

"May they file suit, and be damned." I hope the company's lawyers bankrupt the witches and their counsel.

October 30, 2010 at 11:18 p.m.
  • The lawyer is a illegal alien prolly. I'm sure they will get paid somehow, someway.

October 30, 2010 at 11:14 p.m.
  • Next it's going to be the makers of coffins for making coffins that the occupants cannot escape from, just in case they were still alive when they were put in there.

What's I'd like to know is how the operator could possible lock himself inside. Don't those doors have to be locked from the outside, and if he is inside, how is that gonna happen?

What a stupid lawsuit.

October 30, 2010 at 10:14 p.m.
  • I've lived long enough to have officially seen it all. Wow!

I'm speechless. This lawyer sucks! BOOOOOOOOO! Shame on you!

October 30, 2010 at 8:36 p.m.
  • I hope I get picked for that jury. I think if the famalies are here illegally they should be deported and the lawyer should have to pay the court cost for filing such a stupid lawsuit. Maybe after making the lawyers have to pay for the court cost themselves these ambulance chasers will start to think twice about filing these stupid lawsuits.

October 30, 2010 at 7:52 p.m.
  • A few days ago, I was in a conversation on this forum about lawyers and their willingness to sue anyone for anything if they think the payoff is large enough. I was told that being a lawyer was an honorable profession. Uh huh, maybe for some few who leave family get-togethers to help someone, but for most, THIS is what we have come to expect. Sueing the manufacturer of a cargo trailer because it isn't safe for transporting people who are in the process of committing a crime is beyond reasonable. It is obviously an attempt to get the company to pay a settlement just to make them go away, and the lawyers will get about half of that. Any judge worth his law degree would throw out this thinly veiled attempt at legal extortion. The United States, the state of Texas, Geat Dane Trailers and the leasing company owe these survivors nothing. Those who died gambled with their lives and lost.

October 30, 2010 at 5:17 p.m.
  • Good Grief, This one will make the list of most ridiculous lawsuits.

October 30, 2010 at 4:53 p.m.
  • Do these people realize that these trailors were not designed to transport PEOPLE??? I understand how much of a loss this is, but come on, cargo does not need an emergency exit or hatch or whatever. Obviously the trailor is not intended for human cargo (duh) otherwise they should add that there were not appropriate seats, seatbelts or anything else in which people are transported. Just saying, this is going to be one hell of a case if these people seriously think they can win it. The guy is serving time, although I do agree that they should have been more harsh, but now they are just picking at air. This is ridiculous.

October 30, 2010 at 4:27 p.m.