Home » Fall festival alternative to Halloween » Unverified Comments

Comments

• Hicktoria..."Therefore, an eternal Creator exists."

Okay, but, WHAT is that eternal creator? I suggest that the eternal creator is NATURE...the natural and eternal laws of the universe: gravity, two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time, the square of the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides. I do not believe God is some large guy in a robe and a long flowing beard sitting on some celestial throne hurling thunderbolts round the cosmos.

Strobel seems to have fallen for the trap that there is only athiest or Christian. I submit that there is a great deal between the two extremes. There are many religions that are neither atheist OR Christian. I'm not athiest but I'm not religious.

November 1, 2010 at 7:25 p.m.
  • KyleC - Thought you might like this one ;)

November 1, 2010 at 1:40 p.m.
  • KyleC - I posted this link on the other article as well.

Philosopher J. S. Mill (not a Christian) summed up where we have now come to: “It is self-evident that only Mind can create mind.” The only rational and reasonable conclusion is that an eternal Creator is the one who is responsible for reality as we know it. Or to put it in a logical set of statements:

• Something exists.
    • You do not get something from nothing.
    • Therefore a necessary and eternal “something” exists.
    • The only two options are an eternal universe and an eternal Creator.
    • Science and philosophy have disproven the concept of an eternal universe.
    • Therefore, an eternal Creator exists.

Former atheist Lee Strobel, who arrived at this end result many years ago, has commented, “Essentially, I realized that to stay an atheist, I would have to believe that nothing produces everything; non-life produces life; randomness produces fine-tuning; chaos produces information; unconsciousness produces consciousness; and non-reason produces reason. Those leaps of faith were simply too big for me to take, especially in light of the affirmative case for God's existence … In other words, in my assessment the Christian worldview accounted for the totality of the evidence much better than the atheistic worldview.”

November 1, 2010 at 1:32 p.m.
  • @Hick

That is an unanswerable question, Hick. The important point here is the teaching of belief as fact to children who have no choice in the matter.

November 1, 2010 at 1:21 p.m.
  • Who created you KyleC?

November 1, 2010 at 1:09 p.m.
  • *double sigh*

What else would you call stating children biblical myths as facts to children? They even check for knowledge transfer by asking for the children to repeat back the story, at least there are sound educational principles in use.

I attended the Fall Fest at 1st Baptist, Bay City this weekend and this is exactly what I saw (and not for the first time) - it can't be sugar coated with candy, rides and amusements.

I did enjoy the candy though.

November 1, 2010 at 12:46 p.m.
  • Northside has always done a great job with the kids...Thank you for the Christmas Play, Halloween festival and everything you do for the community.

November 1, 2010 at 6:42 a.m.
  • Despite the unsubtle attempts at brainwashing children who don't know any better, if candy is involved I'm an easy convert.

November 1, 2010 at 1 a.m.