Comments

• First of all, this has nothing to do with the hotel tax. Even if the students were housed in hotels, residents who stay more than 30 days don't pay it anyway.

More importantly, doesn't anyone here see that UHV apparently doesn't have a clue as to direction? The school is bouncing kids around like ping pong balls while searching for investors to build dorms near a campus where there isn't enough room to support said students. Good luck with that.

A powerless university vice president speaks for this rudder-less ship, while while an interim president relaxes back home in San Antonio. Meantime, a man of vision and leadership (Dr. Hudson) languishes in the brig.

Dear Rep. Morrision: You are widely recognized as a woman of strength, courage and ability. Please, we beg you, save us from this chaos, lest a mutiny ensue.

November 21, 2010 at 10:11 a.m.
  • Seems the roof still leaks every time it rains.

September 6, 2010 at 12:44 a.m.

September 5, 2010 at 11:31 p.m.
  • Myopinion....thank you, but I still am interested in which hotels are being used. I do not wish to stay in a hotel that is housing college students as I am going to need my sleep. Being that there are really only 2 decent hotels in Victoria, or only 2 that I would stay in, it does limit my choices even more than they already are. Actually the snarkyness in my last post was directed at myvu who made a rather snarky comment directed at me, please forgive me.

September 5, 2010 at 6:54 p.m.
  • Again for victorianbybirth comment...Victoria hotels are ready for Visitors and welcome you.

September 5, 2010 at 2:08 p.m.
  • Ummm...I will notice because I PLANNED on staying in Victoria during Turkeyfest. Cuero doesn't have many hotels & I'm sure they will all be booked. I guess I can take my HEAD to another BED in another TOWN & take my boots & hotel tax money with me! Shiner is sounding like a much better option....

September 2, 2010 at 6:54 p.m.
  • JackDeuce,

Lots of questions have been asked, but so far, very few answers have been given. Haven't you noticed?

September 2, 2010 at 4:13 p.m.
  • Visitors DON'T have to worry about availability to find a hotel room during Turkeyfest. Each hotel only took in a small group of students so they would still have availability for their regular guests and visitors.

September 2, 2010 at 2:44 p.m.
  • I applaud the university for doing the right thing. And who cares which hotel(s) are being used. You aren't talking about housing UT or ATM sized classes. I really doubt that you will notice in Victoria when Turkeyfest is going on in Cuero.

September 2, 2010 at 12:50 p.m.
  • It's a University issue, familyman, not a City issue, but I can see why you'd ask...

September 2, 2010 at 6:41 a.m.
  • I wonder how much money per day it takes to put these students up in a hotel and pay for meals and transportation. Who is paying the bills on this one? UHV or the people of Victoria with our tax dollars.

September 2, 2010 at 5:09 a.m.
  • Are they going to be paying the hotel tax?

Are they going to be out by Turkeyfest & which hotels are going to be used? I was planning on staying at a Victoria hotel for that weekend but if the decent ones are booked with college kids, I may have to look elsewhere.

September 1, 2010 at 9:13 p.m.
  • Yet another reason to say "good bye" and so long to Dr. Hudson. Who is the contractor anyway? Is it always late Kruger Construction?

Agree with Edith, Boots campaign should not get credit for students heads in beds.

September 1, 2010 at 8:40 p.m.
  • How many students will need to be housed?

What a boost for the VCVB!

September 1, 2010 at 8:15 p.m.
  • Sooooo which hotels are they going to be put up in?

September 1, 2010 at 7:52 p.m.