Comments

• Great story Vic Ad! I really need to eat out more often. I was best friends with Len in elementary school and was just thinking about him last week. I think I'll be asking for Len's station real soon.

Way to go Len. You always were the smarter one.

September 7, 2010 at 12:15 a.m.
  • i also work at chilis with len, he is an awesome person to know. he has so many wonderful qualities about him that would surprise the average person. and him dealing with this hasn't shown a negitive attitude from him. he is an uplifting and positive individual that you really want to be around! your awesome len!!!

September 6, 2010 at 2:48 p.m.
  • So wonderful to read a story about someone with so much perserverance- I wish Len all the best! I will make sure & ask for him to be my server next time at Chilis!

September 6, 2010 at 1:06 p.m.
  • This is a real plus for Chili's....makes me want to give them more of my business for sure. In a time when so many people want a free handout this young man is battling great obstacles and working harder to make up for his disabilities. How inspiring is that? I happened to be in Chili's one night when a customer....who happened to be a physician....actually asked for another server because they didn't want to "put up" with Len. Shame on him!!! Believe me.....the person's behavior did not go unnoticed. The guy missed out since those of us who had Len serve us got exceptional attention. The doctor, on the other hand, got a lot of angry stares from the people around him.

September 5, 2010 at 2:49 p.m.
  • It's so cool that y'all ran this article today because I had Len as my waiter at Chili's last night for the first time. My boyfriend and I loved seeing him so happy and working so hard despite his hearing impairment. I'll definitely go back and sit in his section again :)

September 3, 2010 at 1:57 p.m.
  • I had Len as my server quite a while ago. He was very attentive and really opened my eyes on hearing loss and the struggle with it. Way to go Len! Also, you did an excellent job that night! Food was great and never needed anything extra!

September 3, 2010 at 10:18 a.m.
  • Great story Vic Ad! Can you please close the account of the person that is using this comment section for advertising their product. It is not appropriate in this medium. Tell them to place an ad in the paper to advertise.

September 3, 2010 at 6:06 a.m.

September 3, 2010 at 4:04 a.m.