Comments

• Try this link to the city budget: http://bit.ly/bZUUD0

September 6, 2010 at 5:16 p.m.
  • If you want to view the budget go to the cities website and look for annual budget FY 2010-2011. Then go to the table of contents on the upper right. Here is the direct link that I got when I went there. http://www.victoriatx.org/finance/bud...

September 6, 2010 at 2:42 p.m.
  • At councilman Truman's invitation I went to the Victoria website, to take a look at the proposed budget. What I found is not a budget. It is a half page summary of the total proposed amount. See for yourself. Fiscal Year 2010-2011 Proposed Annual Budget
    How can the City hold a public hearing on a budget that residents can't see?

September 6, 2010 at 10:09 a.m.
  • As stated by BigBlueJoe, VCAD is one of the biggest rip-offs in this county. I for one would like to know if when these people raise the value of a home they do the same to their property? I doubt it, too much inequity in this town from VCAD.

September 6, 2010 at 8:49 a.m.
  • If the crooked crooks that run the Central Appraisel District would fairly tax "ALL" property, then the tax rate would not have to be raised. The CAD is to blame for much of the perceived shortfall and needs the council has. The CAD is comparable to an organized criminal organization, make no mistake about it! The CAD board is an absolute joke.

September 6, 2010 at 7:52 a.m.
  • Truman said he's seen nothing frivolous in the spending plan and if anyone does, he'd like to know about it.

I dont say this to sound like a smart @ss, but where can we see the city's spending plan and where our money goes? Is there a site?

Again, not being smug, actually would just like to know...

September 5, 2010 at 10:37 p.m.
  • thank you justataxpayer and i agree...

this is my favorite part:
    A 65-cent rate would increase the tax bill on a $100,000 house about $5, assuming no increase in value.

Ask your friends and neighbors, almost everyone one i know saw the city raise taxable value of peoples homes, but in reality home prices dropped....tell me how that works?

September 5, 2010 at 10:23 p.m.
  • I can handle 5 or 10 dollar increase in my taxes for better streets, police and fire.

September 5, 2010 at 8:13 p.m.