Comments

• kim007, bet youd think differenly if your child was hit by a stray bullit fired in a gang shootout.

October 10, 2010 at 1:52 p.m.
  • the waywardwind dude you are so pathetic these are peoples lives your talking about i wish you can hear yourself so what if maybe he was in a gang still aint right to get murdered bby some one else jason wasnt a bad guy at all a gang member not even

October 3, 2010 at 3:59 p.m.
  • According to the story, Garcia was a member of a rival gang. Can't say that surprises me. I'll say this, if there was going to be a murder, I'm glad that the gangs kept it among themselves. I cannot find it in myself to feel particularly sorry that a gang thug is killed by other gang thugs. The state can't eradicate them because of the Constitution, but the gangs don't know about the Constitutional guarantees -- they just react like rabid animals with no thought to right and wrong or good and evil. They're nothing but gang members and I can't help rejoicing somewhat when they either go to prison or the grave. The grave is not as costly to the taxpayer as is prison.

September 23, 2010 at 9:27 p.m.
  • They were all gang members, even the dead guy. You reap what you sow. At least they didnt kill some bystander or an inosent kid.

September 23, 2010 at 3:54 p.m.
  • Here is an interesting tidbit: The U.S. Supreme Court states that prison walls do not seperate one from the protection and rights afforded by the Constitution. Convicted murderers, rapists, drug dealers, gang members can marry, be covered by health insurance, receive money from bequeaths, have a drivers license, sue someone for any reason, practice their religious beliefs ---

September 23, 2010 at 8:38 a.m.
  • everyone has to live the life they created for themselves...consequences and all!!! no compassion for gang members coming from me!

September 23, 2010 at 12:39 a.m.

September 22, 2010 at 10:08 p.m.
  • Justobserving...No, I didn't forget what they did. But I also know that what they did wasn't done in the name of the state. It was cruel, but, unfortunately, not unusual for gang members to do things like this to people, innocent or not. I agree that I'd like to see my taxes spent to purchase twenty-eight cents worth of ammunition for each of them and end their worthless time on earth. BUT...that's NOT the way it works. They get a trial and a jury to decide what is to be done with them. After the jury finds them guilty, they will spend a lot of time at the Huntsville Hilton but I doubt much of it will be in a solitary cell thinking about their "mistakes." They'll probably be in the general population and it'll be like old home week. They'll see friends from the gang and probably some relatives. We can all hope they will NEVER see the light of freedom again. But, I'd rather have my tax dollars spent keeping them in the jug than to see the country descend to the level of some middle eastern hell hole. I bellyache about the "rights" prisoners have after conviction, but I also know that the odds are very long against truly innocent people being railroaded into prison. Even though these killers will be among friends, the time they spend in prison will not be pleasent. I'll tell you something else, I don't understand why anyone would be praying FOR these thugs to find "religion" and "salvation." Why would you want thugs like this to be in heaven with you?

September 22, 2010 at 7:19 p.m.
  • Wind...have u forgotten what those thugs did to Mr. Garcia? Was that not cruel and unusual punishment (kicking and beating someone to death just because he refused to help those scumbags beat the crap out of someone else)? He lost his LIFE because he had higher morals than those worthless POCs and they are gonna have to spend a little time in prison and on OUR dime. They are far beyond rehabilitation and when they do go to prison they are just going to hang with their other thuggy buddies and continue killing others. Frankly I'd rather see my tax dollars spent on something much more worthy.

September 22, 2010 at 3:18 p.m.
  • FAMILYMAN

WOW!!! THATS HARSH AN ITS HARSH WHAT THEY DID TO BIG J WHOM I KNOW I ALSO KNOW 2 OF THE 4 MEN VERY WELL I DO BELIEVE THAT THEY WILL GET WHAT THEY DESERVE WHICH IS TO SPEND TIME ALL ALONE IN A CELL WHERE YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DO BUT THINK ABOUT WHAT THEY DID AN WHY THEY ARE THERE FOR...MY HEART ALSO GOES OUT TO ALL THE MOTHERS WHO IN THE END WILL ALL LOOSE A SON
    MY JASON RIP
    PS. ALSO MAY THE MOTHER OF DAVID RIP

September 22, 2010 at 3:16 p.m.
  • Yeah, I hope big bubba "meats" them.

September 22, 2010 at 2:49 p.m.
  • my heart goes out to all of the family members of all of these young boys. i couldn't even imagine what their mothers are feeling right now. my heart just aches looking at the pictures of these guys. they didn't know what true happiness really was. we need to pray for their salvation, peace and for strength for everyone. i just pray that someone in prison will minister to these guys so they will know the truth. may god bless them all.

September 22, 2010 at 2:37 p.m.
  • Well said, thewaywardwind.

September 22, 2010 at 12:17 p.m.
  • Forget the bible and its' eye for an eye message. The laws of this country must pass muster under the Constitution -- NOT the bible. The Constitution expressly forbids cruel and unusual punishment, which is precisely what you are advocating. I don't want to live in a hell-hole like Saudi Arabia or Iran where the laws are passed by "religious" leaders and people end up being stoned to death for minor moral lapses. Yeah, these two richly deserve the death penalty and the needle IS much kinder and gentler than what they meted out, but that's the way we do things under the Constitution, and I, for one, am glad we have it.

September 22, 2010 at 11:54 a.m.
  • Personally I think these little hoodlums should be loaded into a cargo plane and dropped over the sandbox and do their killing over there. I'm sure they'd run like little sissys when up against suicide bombers who don't care if they live or die.

September 22, 2010 at 11:46 a.m.

September 22, 2010 at 8:15 a.m.
  • Give them both the death penalty. Beat them to death like they beat "Big J". Let them feel what he must have felt before he died. Like the bible says........an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

September 22, 2010 at 6:02 a.m.