Home » West drill team instructor reassigned » Unverified Comments

Comments

September 30, 2010 at 6:48 a.m.
  • Wow.I don't know what's more shocking, the fact that DJ is going through all this(and pubilicly I might add), or the fact that all you adults are arguing about who's right and who's wrong?!....where is your respect?... Even if she does treat ppl(students,parents) like crap, they always have an open opportunity to leave and quit, your not forced to stay,.... Parents can stop writing checks and quit allowing THIER CHILD to participate.im obviously a graduate of 2007, so while you may call me nieve or young I at least know this.being that I was never on the drill team,I had tons of friends who were(ruling out your whole"others don't matter.") those girls(a few boys) on that team are who they choose to be. Yes influence matters, but look at the adults and parents they look up to arguing on this link. Ridiculous. Also I've been to practices, I've been to rehearsals, I've been to shows and compititions. And yes she is a harsh instructor, but what great ones aren't?!....that woman, Along with the routines she has come up with and the hours she has put into the last 32 years of dance, does not and I repeat, does not deserve to be humiliated in pubilc, just like no one else is.Her dance team gave me alot of memories while I was in high school, not to mention how many titles she's won,( state,national, international)..... Or the ppl she has taught and have now turned into something great,..... Lacey Stockbauer, is the Texas Longhorns Pom Squad Captain(Major), Joey Falcon is a professional Hip Hop instructor, Lorrie Salinas auditioned for the Dallas Cowboys dance team, and that's just from my graduating class!!!! I'm sure there is plenty more. And sure while I've never really agreed with some, ok maybe most of her character, she's doing something right. I just wanted to give you all a little something to think about while all of you are thinking of smug comebacks and creative things to write. DJ is a probably everything you say she is, being that i dont know her to well. But DJ is a ledgend. So this Friday while your out there supporting your football team, and enjoying the halftime show, remember who's respossible for that.and just be thankful. She's provided us with entertainment for over 30 years, let's not make her the entertainment for your pleasure. I'm a Viper, a proud one and I always will be. And I'd like to think that DJ had a little something to do with that. She made our school be recognized and brought out school spirit and respect. So I ask, where is yours?.... Just sayin'. -adh<3

September 30, 2010 at 6:08 a.m.
  • I am in no way defending Jaynes or her actions, as I said in my first line I have disliked her character from my early days when I was in high school, but to sit here and read all the slanderous things so called do-gooders have to say after the fact is just a little irritating. If those parents were so concerned they had the option of removing their daughters from the dance team long ago. It has always been their choice to participate as well as their parents.

Without all the proof of her "wrongdoing" and so called "missappropriation of funds" you all are condemning her without cause. And whether we like it or not, under her direction those young ladies achieved far greater recognition than their previous coach did.

We need to stop letting a few sour apples from spoiling the whole bunch.

September 30, 2010 at 6:01 a.m.

September 30, 2010 at 5:14 a.m.
  • Not that I support DJ because Lord knows I have not liked her character for the last 28 or so years (when she influenced my then friends that if one was not on the drill team then they were not to be associated with), but all of you who are going on and on about what a wonderful thing this is, should be ashamed of yourselves. Why don’t all of you put yourselves in her shoes. How would you feel if your firing, probation, or suspension from your job be made public knowledge. Why not take it one step further- let some reporter in on your family dynamics and air your dirty laundry. It wouldn't be as much fun if it were you would it? Think about that before you go spouting your mouths off anymore.

BTW- If any of those girls didn't like the way DJ conducted "her girls", they were always free to quit the drill team.

September 30, 2010 at 3:42 a.m.

September 30, 2010 at 1:39 a.m.
  • Scout I went to a west football game a couple of weeks ago and saw all kinds of items being sold (shirts, toys) so were is that $$$ guess we will never find out. Oh well I'm going to take the advice of a fellow poster and go to bed. Not my problem sounds like a VISD PROBLEM that needs to looked into.

September 30, 2010 at 12:53 a.m.
  • Thanks Ned- I am aware of that article, but it is from 2007. If those problems were issues wouldn't they have been taken care of then?

September 30, 2010 at 12:51 a.m.
  • The most simple solution seem to be that if there were questions from parents about where the money went then open to books up and show them. But the expenses, costs, and invoices seem to be trapped in some kind of mystery.

September 30, 2010 at 12:46 a.m.
  • It is more than sad that this is happening.

Think about it--for every person that just adores DJ, there is another who doesn't.

All of the positive things that are being said about her are perhaps true. But I can promise you VISD does not place folks on administrative leave on a whim. There is obviously something that caught someone's eye over at the white palace.

This is Bob Moore's chance to put his money where his mouth is so to speak, and to truly, truly, truly start the school with a clean slate.

I imagine the Victoriadores are extremely disappointed at this development, but if they are truly to upstanding young ladies that they claim DJ helped shape, then they will refrain from entering the fray here on this forum, and they will carry on, no matter what. You guys spout DDDR, now do it.

As to the parents who claim a couple of unhappy parents are behind the destruction--as someone has already asked, do you really think a couple of folks convinced Bob Moore to take this action based just on someone's say-so?

Let's show a little better example for your children. Let the process play out, and then we will all know what's what.

West High School doesn't need this. VISD doesn't need this. Victoria doesn't need this. We have enough foolishness to our credit already!

Everyone---GO TO BED!

September 30, 2010 at 12:44 a.m.
  • billy, i dont think they can use warrior unless approved by visd guidelines. it confuses people to think they are a functional organization. as for $$, i dont think they raise money but they probably get things donated. why not just join the booster, eh??

September 30, 2010 at 12:44 a.m.

September 30, 2010 at 12:42 a.m.

September 30, 2010 at 12:42 a.m.
  • Give me a BREAk..... Think about devoting your life to something for 32 yes THIRTY-TWO years - Dealing with the drama, the ups and the downs and everything involved with a constant circulation of 50-100 girls every year... and then receiving a phone call without ANY prior meetings with administration receiving this news.

Have you ever lost something that you devoted 32 years to??? I could not IMAGINE... and I would not comment at that time either. She is very professional and classy, dont forget the 24 hour rule. When you are upset, give it 24 hours to speak with grace and class.

Victoria Advocate should have waited to run this story until they received adequate information from both sides.

September 30, 2010 at 12:41 a.m.

There you go Edgar.....

September 30, 2010 at 12:40 a.m.
  • Scout were is the money going? It should be avaliable to ALL correct? Oh well like I said when there is smoke there is fire. Look at the trend Mom didn't fillout paperwork? and now you say daughter is going down the same road. Must be a BUMPY ROAD.

September 30, 2010 at 12:38 a.m.
  • Here here Warrior2010!

September 30, 2010 at 12:35 a.m.
  • Thank you warriors2010, I totally agree. Very well stated!!

September 30, 2010 at 12:35 a.m.
  • they dont have anypaperwork. They are moms! hahahah. never got that email. loose fit group w/ no visd supervision.

September 30, 2010 at 12:34 a.m.

September 30, 2010 at 12:34 a.m.
  • warriors 2010, the advocate asked the other side, they got "no comment" in response. read first then speak.

September 30, 2010 at 12:32 a.m.
  • I can not wrap myself around what this all has become. I am saddened to know that a few unhappy parents have caused enough havoc to tear down such a staple person in this community. What is most interesting to me is the concern about “profits” and fundraising. Lets all remember that in order to put on a fantastic event you MUST spend money. Lets also remember that drill team competitions in their entirety are VERY expensive. I wish that people who actually were directly involved with this organization would stand up and defend the woman who has shaped so many lives… For families to uproot their lives and allow they children to participate in such a “horrible” organization is beyond me… TAKE YOUR DAUGHTERS OUT and move on – But, why ruin the lives of so many others that are happy with where they are at.
    EVERY organization must fundraise… This is a BIG organization so the funding must be larger as well… Drill team competitions are very expensive… You must fundraise…. Before TKB really started generating enough funds to cover expenses, parents were offered a payment plan to cover competition costs. You don’t HAVE to pay a minimum out of pocket if you actually do the work. There are years and years of drill team treasures that were in the “know”… who were not officer parents and had nothing to lose besides their children’s support if they “turned this in”… They worked for banks, ran numerous audits of their own and kept the books in great condition. Why all of the sudden has this occurred? I have tried to put myself in your shoes for the past months understanding WHY you may be doing this – See I once was on the “inside” as well… I saw the way things ran and helped decisions be made, and NO I cannot understand why this has been done.
    DJ Jaynes shaped more lives than you could ever imagine. She is recognized around the state for her outstanding program and those who know her are honored to call her a friend. She is more than just a dance team director… She is a mentor, a shoulder to lean on and one of the most valuable resources to very many. She is in no way shape or form doing this for the money… We all know that drill team directors at most schools make way more than she does (STARTING OFF). She does this for the KIDS… She offers a program to the children of this community that keep them busy, teach them lessons and actually prepare them for life outside of Victoria, TX. She is committed to this community and bettering it as a whole.
    The rumors are insane and it sickens me to see these awful things circulating… PLEASE – Victoria Advocate, if you are going to run stories like this… Interview both sides – How sad for this community and the past 32 years of wonderful dancers and their families that she truly had an impact on. HOW SAD.

September 30, 2010 at 12:29 a.m.
  • Actually, Edgar, parents are natural suck ups to coaches and directors thinking they will win points for their kids. They think that the powers that be will give them special consideration and get mad when that doesn't happen. The Booster Clubs are killing the school. Some have too much power when in control of a club. Booster Club is only a name. Any organization which supports a team in actuality is a booster club.

September 30, 2010 at 12:29 a.m.
  • scout I agree I just found out about it 30 min. ago makes me wonder what is going on? Is some of the WARRIOR MOM money being moved over to the DRILL TEAM? Once again just a question hope someone checks into it. I found your other post and I would like to ask the same question do the WARRIOR MOMS have all the proper paperwork. (By-laws? Approval from the district?)

September 30, 2010 at 12:25 a.m.
  • Edgar,
    keep reading the advocate, i'm sure it will come up.

September 30, 2010 at 12:21 a.m.
  • billy, i mentioned that in another blog and "vtx' or another got all offended. why all these frind clubs with a booster club present. they are killing our school.

September 30, 2010 at 12:18 a.m.
  • I'm also curious, when has DJ harassed students or parents, are there specific situations?

September 30, 2010 at 12:17 a.m.
  • TKB being a private for profit business is not my opinion, according to the article the other day, it is a fact. You keep on believing what they want you to, I'm sure it makes life easier than actually thinking for yourself.

September 30, 2010 at 12:17 a.m.

September 30, 2010 at 12:16 a.m.

September 30, 2010 at 12:15 a.m.
  • Victorianbybirth
    You have your opinion. We'll see who is right in the end.

September 30, 2010 at 12:12 a.m.
  • Hey RedRage Popcorn will be at TKB this Friday and Saturday! Doors open at 5 with bull riding at 7! Dance to follow both nights.

September 30, 2010 at 12:10 a.m.

September 30, 2010 at 12:09 a.m.
  • victorianbybirth, Where was that stated about the proceeds from TKB? You are cracking me up! Oh and sorry about my assumption earlier, however you are still wrong. The team was not named after the Legacy of the director, it is named after the Legacy of Discipline, Determination, Dedication, and Responsibility that the team is built on.

September 30, 2010 at 12:04 a.m.
  • Edgar, we were not privy to the information until this year.

September 30, 2010 at 12:04 a.m.
  • Why did all of this come about now, why not when your daughters were in thier first years on the team?

September 30, 2010 at 12:01 a.m.

September 30, 2010 at 12:01 a.m.
  • I hope parents take advantage of this opportunity to teach kids noone is above discipline. Heads up kids! In 20 years none of this will matter.

September 29, 2010 at 11:57 p.m.
  • Where's my popcorn?

September 29, 2010 at 11:56 p.m.
  • If TKB is private, why did the Booster Club pay for the Community Center every year?? GREAT NEWS DJ IS GONE.

September 29, 2010 at 11:56 p.m.
  • KKCLiars,

As i posted in the other blog it wasn't a squabbling board of directors it was 2 board members who stood up against practices that were blatant violations of VISD bylaws and other violations of laws and IRS guidelines. Plus money that someone wanted to spend that wasn't available.

Don't forget the booster club didn't even have bylaws and a constitution because they were incomplete thanks to the now former director who failed to furnish a complete copy (not sure why she was doing it anyways as the director is supposed to act in an advisory capacity).

So, again, it was the fact that everything that was trying to be accomplished was being done so at the expense of VISD rules and regulations as well as laws and tax code violations.

That is the root of the problems. If things would have been done correctly there would have been no issues.

September 29, 2010 at 11:56 p.m.
  • victoriabybirth, Thank you!

again, who will be getting that $$ back??

September 29, 2010 at 11:55 p.m.
  • kkcliars, it was stated that the proceeds from TKB was NOT guaranteed to go to the Legacy dance team as TKB is a private for profit independent business. If DJ is no longer at the helm, how much you wanna bet TKB gives y'all nothing?

September 29, 2010 at 11:53 p.m.
  • Cheryl,
    I am sorry that you are offended by my name. I did not mean any harm. I don't know why you think it has something to do with you. And by the way, when did "you" become a we?

September 29, 2010 at 11:50 p.m.
  • liars, the booster was dissolved weeks before this mess. That $$ should have stayed in the sundry acct. at least.

why did tkb need it? that $$ was raised in the summer under the booster. the guidelines state $ CAn be used for the kids if deems beefincial. again, why was the treasurer given orders to cut a check?? violation big time!

September 29, 2010 at 11:49 p.m.
  • kkclairs, if you would kindly READ what I wrote you will notice I never mentioned Victoriadores....actually I was referring to the Legacy. Without DJ, who are you a legacy of, it no longer makes sense.

September 29, 2010 at 11:47 p.m.
  • Scout...As you well know, the booster club was disbanded by the principal because of a squabbling board of directors. Therefore, if there is no booster club, TKB cannot be in the hands of such booster club. Your concern is appreciated, but the money made by TKB will go into a school account for the team (boys and girls).

September 29, 2010 at 11:42 p.m.
  • kkcliars,
    Your name implies that we have lied. VISD's actions indicate otherwise. Your screen name is libelous. Annonymity cannot be guarenteed or even protected when libel occurs. You can expect to hear from my attorney.
    Have a great night!

September 29, 2010 at 11:36 p.m.
  • kkclairs, then why did it leave booster control to begin with?

I have a hard time believing your statement. How did this benefit the girls??

September 29, 2010 at 11:35 p.m.

September 29, 2010 at 11:35 p.m.
  • CurtisLowe, what makes you think that you are not being used as a pawn? And who makes you the "moral meter"? Have you seen any evidence...at all? I thought in America everyone was considered innocent until proven guilty? And Scout...The Friends of TKB money has always been slated to go to VISD for the Legacy Dance Team.

September 29, 2010 at 11:32 p.m.
  • First off, I think it is very sad that the advocate is allowing comments on this article! Second, I don't think anybody here personally knows DJ and what she has done for all the girls that have been on the team. She is a wonderful role model, and somebody that would do anything for anybody if they just left let her know what they needed.

September 29, 2010 at 11:31 p.m.
  • who is getting the $$ back to the girls that went to "friends of tbk". That $$ was earned under VISD watch and in a acct. So what happens??

September 29, 2010 at 11:27 p.m.
  • I also want to applaud the families who stood up to the "slander machine" that was unleashed against them. I am amazed at the people who have attacked these families for simply reporting the wrong actions of the director. It shows the lack of moral integirty when people would rather have things swept under the rug just so they can enjoy a "fun year." Wake up people and see that you have been used as pawns. If you would have asked questions you would have been attacked too. You are only in the good graces of the directer if you "bow down" to her whims. Open you eyes!
    If VISD didnt have solid evidence they would not do this. They are fair good people who truly want the best for the kids of VISD.

September 29, 2010 at 11:26 p.m.

September 29, 2010 at 11:25 p.m.
  • I applaud Bob Moore for his courage to make tough but needed decisions. VISD is lucky to have a man of his caliber. Thank you Bob Moore and other VISD officials.

September 29, 2010 at 11:15 p.m.
  • Well said CurtisLowe!

September 29, 2010 at 11:12 p.m.

September 29, 2010 at 11:12 p.m.

September 29, 2010 at 10:56 p.m.

September 29, 2010 at 10:55 p.m.
  • Im sorry I missed Billy's 1st comment.

September 29, 2010 at 10:44 p.m.

September 29, 2010 at 10:42 p.m.
  • I guess the truth hurts! I'll keep it short GREAT NEWS.

September 29, 2010 at 10:41 p.m.
  • tstorm, he's right though!

September 29, 2010 at 10:26 p.m.

September 29, 2010 at 10:25 p.m.
  • what EA said !

wow

September 29, 2010 at 10:21 p.m.
  • I wonder if they will change their name now....

September 29, 2010 at 10:18 p.m.
  • DRAMA! That's what happens when you have too many women hanging out lol

September 29, 2010 at 10:14 p.m.
  • Whoaaaaaaaaa Nellie!

September 29, 2010 at 10:08 p.m.