Home » Man strikes home while fleeing police » Unverified Comments

Comments

• All you need is a search warrant for the blood draw. Fax a PC Affidavit to a JP and boom, you got a warrant. After hours, it would be faxed to their house. Victoria could do the same.

April 2, 2011 at 3:53 p.m.
  • We are all right in what we commented, refusing a breathalyzer in Victoria County gets a person a 180 day license suspension plus reinstatement fees and the end of suspension. Not to mention cancellation of insurance and at least a doubling of insurance costs when the license is reinstated.

April 2, 2011 at 2:51 p.m.
  • The Officer was trying to enfore the city ordinance that bans loud music. That was the reason he was trying to stop the driver toomuchez. Sounds like enforcement to me.

April 2, 2011 at 2:09 p.m.
  • Make tamales out of him.

April 2, 2011 at 12:54 p.m.
  • At 26 I think this guy is a bit older than a kid.

April 2, 2011 at 9:16 a.m.
  • Legion 123, you are correct, here in San Antonio we have NO REFUSAL!!!
    A month ago, a 21 year old drunk going 100 mph ran into a home down the street from me. Caught the house on fire ... TOTAL LOSS of the home, it is now just a concrete slab. The homeowner was not home, only because he made a stop on his way ... he arrived 7 minutes after the incident happened.
    When will drunks learn?!

April 2, 2011 at 9:07 a.m.
  • Oh marvwill37, I am so sorry for your tragic loss. Please accept my heartfelt condolences and God bless you and your family.

April 2, 2011 at 8:48 a.m.
  • Here we go again! These kids think that the law is for everyone else and not them! The story said it was reported that he was playing loud music.....well, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there a very old law on the books that states that you can not have any noise in your vehicle that would not allow you to hear an emergency vehicles sirens? Isn't that why we can't drive with head phones on?????? I wish they would enforce the loud music laws!! Also, if the fool even had insurance and it doesn't pay to fix the home, the FOOL himself should be ordered by the Judge to do alll the repairs himself! Put him on some sort of work/jail order (if the FOOL even has a job) and his paycheck goes to the homeowner until the repairs are made! We need to get back to the old way of punishment, why let these idots sit in jail doing nothing, eating better than most of us, getting to exercise for free when most of us can't afford a gym membership, watching TV all day and living in temperature controlled environment! CHAIN GANGS!

April 2, 2011 at 8:38 a.m.
  • So sorry for these home owners. I am glad no one was hurt. When a drunk ran through my home in 2003 my son was killed while sleeping in his bed.

April 2, 2011 at 8:19 a.m.
  • Well John123, in San Antonio, they now have the NO REFUSAL thing going on.
    They are going to take your blood for a ABT one way or another.

April 1, 2011 at 6:46 p.m.
  • Failing to provide breath is not enough for a mandatory blood draw.

April 1, 2011 at 1:12 p.m.
  • Well Vic Ad don't leave me hanging! Did they take a blood test to see if he was drunk since he refused to provide a breath sample? Finish your report next time. Don't stop without giving all the details! re-write! RE-WRITE!

April 1, 2011 at 10:13 a.m.