Comments

• Family man -
    actually I do know the difference having worked around heavy equipment.
    Unfortunately, I just didn't take the time to correct my combination error after I realized it. Shame on me.

As of Tuesday afternoon, they had 1 or 2 track hoes aka excavators ( I saw 1 working. Others said there was another one.). A track loader was delivered a little after lunch, plus 2 bulldozers that I saw working.

Drive by. Very interesting.

April 7, 2011 at 2:13 p.m.
  • D_Pridgen- a Track hoe and an excavator are the same thing and a track hoe does not have a loader on it. Maybe you saw something else like a big backhoe, which has a loader on the front and a hoe on the back. Did it have tracks on it? Most backhoes are rubber tired and all track hoes have tracks. Just wanted to let you know. Don't want you to call a backhoe a Dozer like the news people do all the time. hope I helped out.

April 7, 2011 at 5:39 a.m.
  • I imagine it will take a few months for them to get their training courses lined out and set up.

April 7, 2011 at 4:13 a.m.
  • Knight, at last check they are not. There is no openings posted on Caterpillars job website for Victoria.

April 6, 2011 at 3:12 a.m.
  • What job ad? Are they hiring yet?

April 6, 2011 at 2:19 a.m.
  • Roberto, the sentiment on the VA's site isn't truly reflective of the real community. The bitter, nasty, and miserly nature shown by edithann comes out in about six commenters on this site. Everyone else is happy for a win when it comes to Victoria. Unfortunately, the naysayers here are prolific in their comments.

April 5, 2011 at 10:56 p.m.
  • only in victoria do people 'look forward' to a huge economic project like this failing

April 5, 2011 at 10:48 p.m.
  • EA wrote: " . . . let's not get ahead of ourselves, okay?"

Yes. Exactly. Large companies typically move their staff into a town, hire a bunch of people, then pay contractors to move in equipment to begin construction on a site. Yes, yes, that's exactly how they all operate. They're happy to spend hundreds of thousands to get a process like this going when they're not sure if they *really* want to build a plant.

lol. Next it'll be . . . "well, let's just see how long they keep the plant open!!"

Then it'll be "I bet it won't last *another* decade!!!"

pfffff. Brilliant assumptions! You people are so entertaining!

April 5, 2011 at 6:50 p.m.
  • Lamppost, My bad, I read EA's comment as an apology. Just apply my statement when she does.

April 5, 2011 at 1:47 p.m.
  • They weren't kidding.
    You should see the action out here.
    They are putting up their SWPP barrier,
    have 3 earthmovers that look like they are running the Indy 500,
    a pretty good size dozer,
    a large track hoe loader
    and a excavator.

Sure is interesting.

April 5, 2011 at 9:27 a.m.
  • Re: EA's apology. I cannot say I agree with all EA writes, but I will say I do appreciate her owning up to her words. I do believe it is something that many should, including myself, take as a good example.

April 5, 2011 at 9:16 a.m.
  • EdithAnn: What say I meet you back here somewhere near the half way mark? I'll make any necessary apologies then.

"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them." -John C. Maxwell

April 5, 2011 at 9:05 a.m.
  • I welcome the start of this project - it will be good for the area. It brings construction jobs - perminant jobs - and probably related business to the Victoria County area.

April 5, 2011 at 7:21 a.m.
  • for something that's never going to get built they sure are going through alot of trouble.

i guess the caterpillar people already in town are also in on the ruse. along with the job ad last week, all just for nothing that's going to get built.

April 4, 2011 at 9:57 p.m.
  • I appreciate what you are trying to do LPg, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, okay?

I said if I was wrong, I'd own it, and I will, unlike some on here who point fingers and accuse and then fall silent when some of us get it right.

April 4, 2011 at 9:32 p.m.
  • Never gonna happen!

Right Edith?

LMAO

April 4, 2011 at 9 p.m.
  • Yep - they definitely mean to move dirt.
    Some mighty big equipment (earthmovers and excavators) sitting over there.

April 4, 2011 at 8:51 p.m.