Comments

• Hole-in-1.

I have an even better idea. Here is one example >>>>>>> http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/... .

April 7, 2011 at 10:30 p.m.
  • I have a better idea, fatguy. Why don't you, Albert and BigJ all contact your city council reps and tell them that you would be interested in serving your community. If you are serious about it, I would suggest that not say things like "the only reason I'm doing this is because I don't want your cronies..." or "I'm sure you already made up your mind..." or "I know I don't have a snowball's chance in hell..." or "I hate you". Maybe you might get chosen.

Feel free to post a blog on how it went.

April 6, 2011 at 4:30 p.m.
  • I bet the people are already decide..

April 6, 2011 at 10:14 a.m.
  • So let's see..............to give this the appearance that the common citizen has had some input in the re-districting, and to demonstrate that the council members have not simply re-drawn thier own districts to favor themselves, they are going to appoint two citizens from each existing district to assist the process.

Seems to me each council member need only appoint two of his / her best buddies to be those "appointed" citizens and they still get the districts re-drawn however they want.

Why not just have two from each district drawn randomly and then ask if they want to serve in that capacity. If they say no then draw two more at random until you have a couple willing to do it but not necessarily at the whim of the sitting council member ?

April 6, 2011 at 9:38 a.m.
  • It states in the story that the committee members will be chosen by each council member from their district (2 each) and three at-large by the mayor. The names will be announced at the April 19 council meeting.

April 6, 2011 at 7:23 a.m.
  • give me names or is this another top secret....

April 6, 2011 at 7:20 a.m.
  • Roberttx.

I bet you Most, if not all, are backers of Texas A&M Victoria scam.

April 6, 2011 at 6:39 a.m.
  • what pool of people will staff this committee and how will they selected ?

April 6, 2011 at 12:41 a.m.