Comments

April 7, 2011 at 8:03 p.m.

April 7, 2011 at 7:54 p.m.

April 7, 2011 at 7:44 p.m.
  • Totally agree with mscat...great questions. BTW- I have been fired twice & laid off once, never a "pink slip"! We are no one 2 judge these two men we r not god.

April 7, 2011 at 5:47 p.m.
  • questions for the sexual harassment supporters here, are you ok with an older male boss slapping your daughter's butt around the work place for a 'job well done' ?

are you ok with her male co-workers hanging a cartoon that she finds offensive and such ?

April 7, 2011 at 3:04 p.m.
  • I remember when women started coming into the workplace in the 1970s....Our company told us that life is we knew it was going to change and if we had problems with it; don't let the door hit you on the way out.... As human beings we knew right from wrong before we were even hired, so a company policy wasn't necessary to let us know where the line was was.... The company has to protect itself against expensive sexual harassment suits brought on by irresponsible people.... I saw a supervisor pick up a bible that belonged to an employee, because he said it might create a hostile environment. That's the same reason some companies don't like politics in the workplace... I've seen a lot of cases where employees were given the benefit of doubt and a second chance before they were eventually terminated... Wrongful termination suits can be just as expensive and embarrassing as a sexual harassment or discrimination suits...Ask Wal-Mart.

I don't think it takes much intelligence to distinguish the workplace from a bar or a living room.

April 7, 2011 at 2:15 p.m.
  • Misscat, you nailed it. Those are the questions they need to be asking. I think the public will be very surprised to learn the truth

April 7, 2011 at 1:49 p.m.
  • Hey BOstinks, FYI, I got laid off once for asking for a five cent raise when I was 19 years old, and guess what, they gave me a PINK SLIP! As for the issue, I think firefighters are a wild bunch as groups go. They have to be, they run into burning building for a living. I'm not condoning what they did, but they have payed the price of losing their jobs and having this follow them on their records for the rest of their lives. Enough already!

April 7, 2011 at 1:29 p.m.
  • I am just curious exactly what "suggestive photograph" means. Was it a playboy pinnup? Joke that is skewed? Was it meant to itimidate someone? Was it just a man not thinking when he put it up? I think intent should be considered before a rush to judgement. Could they have been asked to take it down? Were they asked? Did they refuse? You are talking about the lively hood of two people. I just wonder what the real story is.

April 7, 2011 at 1:10 p.m.
  • i swear you people give any reason to b*tch. i bet all of you who think the vic ad shouldnt have released this info would be b*tching if they didnt, saying we as a city should know or some stupid crap. look there are great people everywhere in every job and there are the idiot crappy people everywhere and at every job. we all know it. some of you are the crappy people. who cares anymore what is printed or not, this nation and the people are so fudged up anyways. and to anyone with being ok with having their butt slapped in the work place really need to rethink whats right and wrong..... justamom... hope it was a joke!

April 7, 2011 at 1:03 p.m.
  • Having never been fired, I was wondering if terminated employees actually get pink slips.

April 7, 2011 at 12:49 p.m.
  • justamom r u serious, i will tell you one thing if some other man slapped my rear, my husband would not be happy at all and neither would i. i wonder if you have any daughters if some man did that to them and made them feel just a bit uncomfortable if you would have the same attitude. i bet you think its also okay for a man to have an affair just as long as he comes home to you. huhmmmm self esteem issues? who knows?

April 7, 2011 at 12:21 p.m.
  • @ Kyle,

Well played.

April 7, 2011 at 10:02 a.m.
  • Treating women like objects, I believe, mostly went out of fashion in the 1980's. Outside of the Victoria time warping bubble stasis field - I do believe this is still the case.

I am, however, available for hire to slap anybody's ass but I won't do Clydesdale's.

;-)

April 7, 2011 at 9:55 a.m.
  • What happened to the good ole days when a guy boss could slap me on the rear and tell me good job? :) I must be a minority on this one. Of course I married a Navy man, so if they can fight and die for our freedom and have "suggestive material" why can't the good guys at the firehouse have them?

April 7, 2011 at 9:38 a.m.
  • @ ilovemyff,

It is long overdue for more of the city's dark secrets to be exposed. That is why we have a free press to expose these misdeeds.
    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the officers of VPD and firefighters of VFD. I cannot think of any occupations that are more underpaid for the sacrifices, risks and hard work these men and women make.
    However, the incompetence and corruption of the upper levels of city management must be exposed sooner or later or our city will continue to be the laughingstock of Texas.

April 7, 2011 at 9:23 a.m.
  • @BO- You're right. Everything that happens in the City should be reported. However, I think this "release" just shook up the whole city and got a bunch of moles wide awake and ready to talk. Maybe there will be a lot more "City Employee Misconducts" coming to light in that case. Maybe they all have been hush hush in order to let those people keep their jobs and make the City look good- until now.

April 7, 2011 at 9:11 a.m.
  • Jewl12

Yes my comments are negative. How could they be positive? They admitted to printing off the pictures, so to the city that admitting guilt. You want positive. The fire department is full of great hard working men and women. Ok and here is some more negative. City hall is full of it! Reading some of the comments here it seems most of you have already judged convicted the two men. Don't you think its funny how O.C. Garza released the info and said they were fired before the city manager had reviewed their grievance. Looks to me the city is trying to make them look bad so when they sue they have less credibility.

@ myvu

You mean the captain?

April 7, 2011 at 9:03 a.m.
  • The graphic with the patch and the pink slips is a little amateurish, though.

April 7, 2011 at 8:35 a.m.
  • The Capes of Wrath...

April 7, 2011 at 8:35 a.m.
  • Anything that happens in government (local, state or national) is news, especially charges of sexual misconduct or harassment, and should be reported. City employees are public servants and their salaries are paid by all of us. Therefore, they are subject to more scrutiny. If these charges are true, and there is every indication that they are, the VicAd won't ruin the men's reputations. The men did that on their own.

April 7, 2011 at 8:33 a.m.
  • Looks like there's a Mole in the fire house! I wonder what's HER name?

April 7, 2011 at 8:31 a.m.
  • I sure hope the advocate doesn't put the guys names in the paper. I find it funny that they are so eager to get names but they aren't so eager to publish the truth.
    And Jewl12.... There is a reason to argue the guys are still under a grievance period by the city and what they admitted to shouldn't have made local news.

April 7, 2011 at 7:52 a.m.
  • youre comments are always so negative and against anyone and everyone. bitter much?? vic ad didnt even give any names so chill out. plus they both admitted the misconduct. any reason to b*tch or argue.

April 7, 2011 at 7:18 a.m.
  • Good job VicAd!

Get the info before the truth comes out. Im sure you all will be able to sleep just fine after you ruin the rep of two good men.

April 6, 2011 at 11:41 p.m.