Cause of two mobile home fires still under investigation
Investigators are still trying to confirm the cause of the fire that destroyed two neighboring mobile homes in the 400 block of Meadowlane Drive about 4:30 p.m. Monday.
County Fire Marshal Ron Pray said he was investigating that property when he was called to respond to another house fire Tuesday afternoon.
Pray said the fire started at 411 Meadowland Drive before spreading to 491 Meadowlane Drive.
A man in the first home, Ricky Williams, was transported to DeTar Hospital with smoke inhalation and burns. He was then airlifted to Brooke Army Medical Center where he was listed in stable condition in the ICU unit Monday.
A spokesperson at the San Antonio hospital said Williams had been moved from the ICU unit Tuesday, but other departments were unable to confirm his condition.