Thursday, November 27, 2014




Advertise with us

Electric skillet caused Mission Valley home fire

By ADVOCATE STAFF REPORT
April 13, 2011 at 6 p.m.
Updated April 12, 2011 at 11:13 p.m.


HOW TO HELP

For information on how to help the families, contact the Crossroads Chapter of the American Red Cross at 361-573-2671.

An unattended electric skillet was the cause of a fire at a Mission Valley house on Tuesday, said Victoria County Fire Marshal Ron Pray.

A double mobile home fire in Fordtran on Monday remains under investigation.

The increased dry weather conditions mixed with low humidity and high winds, could lead to a burn ban next week, Pray added.

"That's the way we're going," he said. "We're in a medium drought condition."

Ricky Williams, who was involved in the first mobile home fire, was flown to Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio.

Pray won't be able to conclude the investigation until he talks with Williams, he said.

The hospital would not release Williams' updated condition on Wednesday.

The second mobile home that caught fire was about 50 yards away and burned to the ground because of embers carried from the fire at Williams' home, Pray said.

SHARE

Comments


Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia