Comments

• True Pilot, I guess my reply to speakout should have been like written does... DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH!

May 7, 2011 at 5:54 p.m.
  • "If you could care less as you claim"

My last post did not contain those words.

May 7, 2011 at 4:31 p.m.
  • SpeakUp,

If you inferred that I am remotely interested in where you live from a simple question, so be it.

"Cyberstalking me, or stalking me in real life I guess?"

Could that also be considered a personal attack?

Again, I does not matter to me where you live or anything else about you.

April 30, 2011 at 2:26 p.m.

April 30, 2011 at 2:22 p.m.

April 29, 2011 at 6:57 p.m.
  • Actually, Speakup, the councilman that contacted me is still my councilman. Rangel and Truman are not on my side of town.

April 29, 2011 at 6:11 p.m.
  • Denise Rangel definitely goes along with the good old boys, Joe Truman to a extent, he has his moments.

So who is the city council representative where the salvation army shelter is located?

April 28, 2011 at 6:55 p.m.
  • That is an excellent question, Storyteller!

Did Redburn's City Council rep ever contact him? How hard did his rep work to try to resolve this issue?

Many years ago I had an issue with the City, and my rep contacted me before I had a chance to contact him. I thought that was very attentive.

April 28, 2011 at 10:51 a.m.
  • This culvert is truly an eyesore for the property owner. Fifty years ago it was much more visible before the privacy fence was placed outside this culvert and ditch area.

I believe the only way the property owner will be satisfied is to have the city extend the underground piping several hundred feet to the west and let it dump onto the next piece of property, or extended several hundred yards and dump into the ditch by the new Pumphouse restaurant parking lot. Either way it will be hundreds of thousands of dollars to accomplish.

April 28, 2011 at 7:55 a.m.
  • Where is his City Council representative?

April 28, 2011 at 7:25 a.m.
  • I wonder what the city-paid photographer's thoughts were when he showed up and saw the condition of that property. I wonder what he photographed other than "the wall". Did he bring his snake boots?

Politicians talk big talk and get into office, then one of two things happens...they either become one of the club or they don't. An attorney/judge told me once, "There are those that have, and there are those who have not". The question is...how did those that "have" get what they have? Did they earn it, or did the people give it to them? How quickly one forgets how he got where he got, and I'd bet that Mr. Redburn votes in city elections.

How could a city official even consider stating that this drainage ditch culvert is not the city's responsibility? Does it benefit Mr. Redburn in any way? Of course not. It's an eyesore and it devaluates his property. That truth is blatantly obvious.

April 28, 2011 at 6:49 a.m.
  • You are an amazing guy!!

The city should be responsible for keeping the easement clean!

They are the ones that are remiss in this situation,

and you had every right to protect your property's intrinsic values!

April 28, 2011 at 6:41 a.m.