Comments

• If you were there when a murder occured and ddnt report it at that given time, yes you are going to be charged with murder whether you pulled the trigger or not....

August 9, 2011 at 12:19 a.m.
  • Did they all shoot him? I agree both schools have their problems. I know several parents from West and a couple of teachers from West and they do have their problems too. Supposedly hazing has occured at West and was not mentioned. The boy(victim) left to another school and the boys were still allowed to participate in their sport. 3 young boys were chased down by football players and scared these little boys. No one mentioned that story. Many other incidents have occurred there and the same for East. Look at Cuero and many other schools. It is just so sad how many lives have been affected here. Sickening!!!

August 8, 2011 at 9:44 a.m.
  • No problem Titanclash, If your a good enough person to come on here and try to clear that up, I have to agree that your intentions were for the good.

Thanks!!!

August 7, 2011 at 6:16 p.m.
  • jasonbourne...I did not mean it that way and I certainly did not mean to tear any kids or school down. I guess it just came out that way. What I was saying is that every school has students that will not act as they should sometimes. That is not a swipe at West or anyone but the posts in these types of stories seem to keep coming bashing the East kids and that is not a fair assumption at all. The situation is what is terrible...not where the kids go/went to school. I apologize if you or anyone took it that I was talking about West but that simply is not the case.

August 7, 2011 at 5:33 p.m.

August 6, 2011 at 8:27 p.m.

August 6, 2011 at 6:30 p.m.
  • Mad about a football game!!!! O please ddherring. Internet tough guys! I'll gladly give you my address and I we can talk if you want.

Anyway, yea it's sad someone had to lose their life. That's life. Now these peple
    have to face the consequences. True, they will get a slap on the hand and get probation. But hey this is America . How does that saying go "only in America "

August 6, 2011 at 5:25 p.m.
  • Well Titanclash I was with you 100% until you had to try to drag the other school down in your statement.

Had you been loking at the big picture you wouldn't have done that.

August 6, 2011 at 4:38 p.m.
  • This just saddens me beyond words for all of the people affected by this senseles act of violence. I would hope that some Victorians rather than taking the easy road and criticizing after the fact would actually try to help in someway instead of ignoring the problems we have in this city. We may not be able to fix all of the issues we have with gangs, drugs, etc. but you never know how much of an impact you may be able to make on one person if you actually show them you truly care and want to try to help.

August 6, 2011 at 2:08 p.m.

August 6, 2011 at 1:52 p.m.
  • Those of you who talk about "it is true what they said about East...a bunch of thugs" are a small minded as they come. This is not about East or West, this is about some young people who have thrown their lives away for a stupid mistake. And, an arrest does not prove one guilty. If any of the above mentioned people were involved, then they should do their time. But do not characterize an entire high school for an individual's mistakes. My son goes to East and you are characterizing him as a thug or criminal. I take offense at that and so do the other parents of the vast majority of the kids at East who will never come in contact with the law. If one looks at West's district, there are some pretty rough parts of town in there as well so I am sure all students at West are not angels.

You should be sad that more young people have destroyed theirs and others lives. It is not about a particular school. It is about the futures of ALL of our kids and the tough job of keeping them on the right path and to not associate with the few that turn to the dark side. Shame on you for not seeing the big picture.

August 6, 2011 at 1:42 p.m.
  • Most of them will get probation, the others will get minimal sentences.

Is there any way to find out just how many residents of Victoria are on probation?

August 6, 2011 at 1:04 p.m.
  • once again violence from a bunch of low life thugs/gang members!! what is happening in this world?? babies having babies so they grow up to be just like their parent/parents. how sad!! what victoria, yoakum, cuero and all the other small towns being taken over by these gangs is for tasks force to come in and round up all the no good thugs. it's time for someone to stand up and say we're not gonna stand for them and their low life ways. they should all get the death penalty. save the tax payers money. they are of no use to society.

August 6, 2011 at 11:24 a.m.
  • What ever happened to when you had a dispute with someone, you (and you alone, not you & 5 of your buddies) went & settled it? WITHOUT LETHAL FORCE.

August 6, 2011 at 9:30 a.m.
  • Ddherring,

bad comentary on my behalf? What does it matter? It is what it is. So it is true what people in Victoria were saying about east last year. Victorians were saying they wre a bunch of thugs

August 6, 2011 at 8:13 a.m.

August 6, 2011 at 7:15 a.m.
  • yes it is josh from east number 4 WR. jeff hill has some stuff on facebook about it. you can kinda put it together.

August 6, 2011 at 1:13 a.m.

August 6, 2011 at 1:09 a.m.

August 6, 2011 at 12:57 a.m.

August 6, 2011 at 12:27 a.m.
  • I think that was Victoria East wide receiver.

August 6, 2011 at 12:21 a.m.
  • Is that Josh mcClure that played for Victoria east titans last year???? I hope not

August 6, 2011 at 12:18 a.m.
  • Are you thinking Jessica McClure, the little girl in the well?

August 5, 2011 at 10:17 p.m.
  • I wonder what it feels like to know you flushed your whole life down the toilet in one moment of violent stupidity. I wonder what it feels like for those two still at large to know they are coming for you with arrest warrants for murder.

I hope I never find out that feeling. At least as it would relate to me.

Joshua McClure ? Where have I seen that name before ?

August 5, 2011 at 7:14 p.m.