Grass fire destroys shed in Bloomington

An unattended barrel used for burning sparked a grass fire and burned down an 8 by 10 storage shed Wednesday afternoon, said Victoria Fire Department Battalion Chief Roger Hempel.

The fire at 503 Cuero Ave. began at 4:12 p.m. and was extinguished at 4:50 p.m., Hempel said.

In addition to the Victoria Fire Department, the Bloomington Volunteer Fire Department and Victoria Fire Marshal Ron Pray responded.

A citation was given for an unattended barrel with improper hole size on the top screen.