Could you pass the STAAR biology test?
The following questions released by the Texas Education Agency were adapted from a STAAR end-of-course biology exam.
1. Like complex carbohydrates, proteins are biomolecules that serve many functions and can be chemically broken down and restructured. Both proteins and complex carbohydrates are considered what?
2. When is a mutation least likely to affect a cell?
3. Methanogens, thermophiles, and halophiles are some of the most primitive life-forms found on Earth and thrive in very harsh environments. These unicellular, prokaryotic organisms most likely belong to which kingdom?
1. Polymers of smaller subunits
2. When the mutation produces a triplet that codes for the same amino acid as the original triplet