Comments

• This is the mother of Patrick's children. If anyone has information please call 832-244-7671. His children and myself are searching for answers. He was indeed from League City and he loved his family.

February 15, 2011 at 6:15 p.m.
  • thank you to all your support out there we need it at this time... his loving wife donna kinney

February 13, 2011 at 9:25 p.m.
  • this is very weird..... im very lost sad and confused im still looking for answers to all this......i am patrick charles kinneys wife its been 10 days and it still doesnt make any since and one and one are NOT adding up to two. all of our children are devistated this is a terrible loss that in a few short months aman can hang around the wrong woman do all these drugs... drink... and die at such a tender age... im lost without him........

February 13, 2011 at 9:19 p.m.
  • i didn't know this man personally, but i know his ex-wife and daughter. this man has the greatest kids and through this fact, he was a great man. this man loved his children and his family and his family was always so happy to be around him. no one is perfect, and just because one makes mistakes--it doesn't make them a bad person.

R.I.P. Patrick! Hope you find the peace and tranquility you deserve

February 8, 2011 at 10:30 p.m.
  • patrick kinney was my father too and i know that sometimes he did not make the right choces he was a great father his childran were he pride and joy and i prond to call myself his daughter

February 8, 2011 at 6:51 p.m.
  • Patrick, we are very sad about your Dad's passing. May God hold you and your sister Camille up during this rough time. Blessings to you and the whole family.
    Love Aunt Anne & Uncle Howard

February 7, 2011 at 9:47 p.m.
  • to the family i am sorry for your loss.this does need looked into and if you need any help contact Sallie kerns. she is a good person to talk to and will not sleep until she finds out what really happened to Patrick.some one needs to pay for the lack of responsibility that the police have.

February 7, 2011 at 7:15 a.m.
  • Thanks everyone for your support. I do hope to find some answers to the questions i have. I feel these answers will make things easier. Even though my father was going through a difficult battle in life and didn't make the right decisions, its hard to believe he wasn't being watched prior to his death.

Famillyman1122 is correct about everyone having an expiration time on earth but that doesn't mean some factors cant be avoided.

In my encounters with the great men and women, protectors of law (law enforcement) it seems that in the process of booking a suspect (esp one that is under the influence) it would be imperative to rid them of any such material that they might harm themselves with such as sweater strings. Hopefully the Victoria Advocate does a follow up and comes across some of the more important details in the matter.

February 7, 2011 at 2:11 a.m.
  • Ask for the security video quickly before an accident will happen to it also.

February 6, 2011 at 7:58 a.m.
  • This is a sad situation for everyone. The loss of any life is devestating. My prayers go out the son, Patrick6 and the rest of the family. To the family....Just remember the good times you had and the time you did get to spend with the deceased. Remember everyone on earth has an experation date! When it is your time to go you can't say "No". Sorry for your loss.

February 6, 2011 at 5:39 a.m.
  • @patrick6: I am very sorry for your loss. I hope you find the answers you are seeking. May God comfort you and your family at this difficult time, and may He watch over you as you proudly serve our country.

@SpeakUp: Though there is more than one holding cell, all are required to be monitored...are they not? Unclear! I'm with kasie and vet43...

February 6, 2011 at 1:36 a.m.
  • Victoria County
    Sheriff's Office
    101 N. Glass St.
    Victoria, Texas

Dial 361 575-0651 for
    Non-emergencies

im sure they have all the information you seek

February 6, 2011 at 1:13 a.m.
  • hello everyone, patrick charles kinney was my dad. over the last few months i havnt been close to him since im in the army serving our country (very proud of doing so). It is really sad to see what my dad had become over the last few months. He was actually a resident of league city texas. Its been hard for me to find anything out about this matter since im stationed away from victoria. It is indeed hard to see that this event went by unseen. please help me find out what happened exactly to him for there was a time he was a very great man and i feel during that period he properly raised me to be the young man i am today. any answers would be much appreciated.

my number is 713 775 3322

please feel free to call with any information.

February 6, 2011 at 12:26 a.m.
  • Quit Resisting!

February 5, 2011 at 5:10 p.m.
  • Have no idea what the system is, but this should never happen. It is this kind of thing that makes lawyers rich. I thought the cells or holding areas had video coverage. Is the Victoria Advocate going to do some investigative reporting and maybe act like a grownup newspaper and not "My Weekly Reader"?

February 5, 2011 at 1:51 p.m.
  • Thats weird because the booking cell is right in front of everything. You can talk to the officers through the cell. You can see everything from the man booking cell. Where were all the gaurds the trustees walk through there as well. Seems strange that he had all that time without someone noticeing. They have a glassed in office right in the middle with at least two officers at all times. Seems very odd.

February 5, 2011 at 6:44 a.m.