Fireworks ignite 100 acres of grass
Jennifer Lee Preyss
Feb. 13, 2011 at 5:03 p.m.
Updated Feb. 12, 2011 at 8:13 p.m.
About 100 acres of grass and brush caught fire Sunday morning near Andrew Drive and Windwood Lane in Stone Gate neighborhood in Victoria. Victoria Fire Department Acting Fire Battalion Chief David Kahlich said several minors were playing with fireworks when the grassy area ignited about 11 a.m.
"Police know who they are," Kahlich said.
Kalich was unable to confirm the number of individuals involved in starting the fire.
Victoria Fire Department had the fire under control and cleared the scene Sunday afternoon.