Comments

• It looks like the government and businesses will have to change who is considered a minority and the current minority will have to give their special treatment and perks to the new minority.

February 18, 2011 at 10 p.m.
  • People here illegally should not be counted because they are not American citizens and they don't have the right to vote. At least they aren't supposed to be allowed to vote but with all the criminals out there stealing IDs from citizens, who the hell knows.

February 18, 2011 at 8:35 p.m.
  • @Beakus...I contacted The United States Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) office in Victoria, The individual was temporary assigned to Corpus. I called Corpus, who referred me to their main office in Houston. I kept getting an answering machine so I called back to Corpus. I explained my concern, I was told they routinely bust people who have booths at flea markets in Corpus, San Antonio, and Houston. At these flea markets people sell bogus papers to illegals. If you knocked at my door and I answered your questions, does this make me legal cause I have illegal papers?
    My question was not whether they were counted or not, it was whether they were legal or not.

February 18, 2011 at 7:34 p.m.
  • A few years back at a construction site I saw Immagration bust four suspects without proper papers.
    They left the Red Haired Irishman who was a former IRA terrorist alone and did not even speak to him.
    I wonder if he counts?
    Actually it was easier to understand the illegals than his thick irish accent.

February 18, 2011 at 6:50 p.m.
  • Folks sure didn't take the census seriously if they don't remember the question on "ethnicity" or "race" - wow - not very observant. Anyway, not all "illegals" are of Hispanic descent. We have so many of Asian, Russian, Irish, etc. out there! Am Mexican-American (10 generations) - now, if only Hispanics would take the responsibility to register and vote ...

February 18, 2011 at 6:34 p.m.
  • Saltgrass. I guess I'm being naive, but I just wouldn't think when the census folks knock on doors and illegal immigrants are living/staying at that residence, they would not be counted or entered into our census.

If they are counted as residents I believe that would be a false census. We don't want to be claiming visitors or anyone else who is not a citizen of this country. I would like to know what really is done.

Pilot. Regardless whether or not illegals are counted, I would say you are absolutely correcto mundo.

February 18, 2011 at 3:54 p.m.
  • My initial comment was:
    I'll make this EZ, how many of the 16 percent are illegals.
    I guess I didn't use enough tact, my comment was deleted.
    I was not being sarcastic, this is a valid question, although might not be able to provide a valid answer.

February 18, 2011 at 12:33 p.m.
  • Wow, never woulda guessed that. Did they really need to spend untold millions of dollars to determine this?

February 18, 2011 at 10:22 a.m.
  • The 2010 census was a big joke anyway. We live in an area where our mailing address is a PO box. When I called to find out how to get a census form I was told that someone would be going door to door in our area. Never happened. We along with I'm sure thousands were not counted so I wouldn't believe anything about the census unless you said millions of tax dollars were spent on this fraud.

February 18, 2011 at 6:49 a.m.
  • Mr. Semenza,
    Please disreguard my previous post. I did my own homework. There were 7 questions on the 2010 census form. Hispanic origin was one of the questions.

I can not see how this type of question relates to the original intent of the people who set up the census. As long as this type of question is asked, and as long as these articles are written, it only serves to divide us further.

To apportion representation, the government needs to know:
    1. How many people are out there?
    2. Where are they located?
    There should be no need for any other questions about age, sex, race, financial status, etc.

Thank you.

February 18, 2011 at 4:46 a.m.
  • Mr. Semenza,
    For all of our benefits... Could you please list the questions that were asked on the 2010 census form? I remember the census form as being very short and simple (4 or 5 questions). I do not remember any questions about race or ethnicity.

Thank you for your help.

February 18, 2011 at 3:54 a.m.