Comments

• After reading this I did some research. You can never judge a book by its cover. I don't think this man did it. I would like to know who the other two that should have been questioned in the case and see where they are now. Glad the little boy is doing well. If things go the way they should, the person truly responsible will be revealed. There is a reason why he only got that amount of time...he didn't do it but they couldn't prove who really did. If that person still has access to that child, I certainly hope this kind of thing doesn't happen again. It would be a shame to the child and the man wrongfully accused.

March 2, 2011 at 4:50 p.m.
  • He got off too easy... D.W.I. gets worse... I guess your better off shaking little babies than driving drunk.....

February 24, 2011 at 3:06 p.m.
  • Exactly

February 23, 2011 at 10:08 p.m.
  • jesscel86 it was good to hear your input. I'm so glad to hear your son is not exhibiting any permanent injuries.

February 23, 2011 at 5:27 p.m.
  • jesscel86, I'm glad you guys have some closure. Thanks for sharing.

February 23, 2011 at 5:15 p.m.
  • from day one I have been terrified that my son would never see justice for all the hurt he has been through. But now he has. And in answer to your question, when it comes to medical records unfortunately there are always gray areas. Gray time periods. Gray ranges. Especially when the trial doesn't happen till 2 yrs later nearly... But yes I'm happy. Eli garza did his job well.

February 23, 2011 at 5:11 p.m.
  • jesscel86,

It's good to hear your son is doing well. I can't imagine how you've held it together.

I sense there were some gray areas in the details of this case (nothing is gray about an injured child). Without seeming too insensitive, can I ask if you feel that justice was served with this verdict, or was there more to it than meets the eye?

February 23, 2011 at 4:50 p.m.
  • thank you to the community for showing interest and concern in this case. I am the mother of the child. I would just like to reply on my childs development because I read that a couple inquired about... He is amazing. He doesn't have any kind of developmental delays or vision issues. He is a happy heathly and safe little almost 2 yr old. And just to say... Protect your kids. Trust no one. Never hurt someone who can't defend themselves.

February 23, 2011 at 4:39 p.m.
  • I spoke to someone this weekend who served on this jury who didn't think this was a slam dunk guilty verdict. It's my understanding Baldwin was convicted of a lesser charge (criminal negligence) due to the potential for others to have caused the injuries (she said there were 2 or more injuries over a period of time), a lack of concrete evidence, questionable intent, and his having no prior felony convictions. I was told the child isn't displaying any developmental problems YET (~2 years later?) as a result of being shaken. Time will tell.

In this case, it looks like his due process may have protected him from the presumed maximum guilt he faced when this story broke: www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2011/fe...
    (I had the same initial reaction upon reading this, but I reserved judgment.)

Based on what I heard in a 20-minute conversation, this guy might be spending 15 months in jail for someone else's actions, but I hope that whoever harmed the child gets what's coming to them, in jail or otherwise. I suppose we have to garner some level of confidence in the decision of a jury of 12 of our fellow citizens. I know that I trust the juror I spoke to. Hmm, I need to ask her if they played any role in the sentencing or if the judge made the decision.

February 23, 2011 at 2:45 p.m.
  • LOL where did you hear that Kyle????

February 23, 2011 at 2 p.m.
  • Never trust a man with thin lips.

February 23, 2011 at 1:30 p.m.
  • wow what a slap on the hand...

February 23, 2011 at 1:08 p.m.
  • He should never be allowed alone with children, same punishment as a sex offender. I hope this child gets placed in a good home far away from him.

February 23, 2011 at 1:05 p.m.
  • "Baldwin's legal trouble stemmed from him shaaking his then 7-week-old son........". Really? This creature has much bigger problems than "legal" problems. I am thinking of 15 months in a cell with "Tiny" who just happens to be about 8 foot 350 lbs and loves kids.

February 23, 2011 at 12:15 p.m.
  • Hicktoria-agreed.

February 23, 2011 at 10:17 a.m.
  • 15 months and a fine? There are stiffer sentences for hot check writers, give me a break! That was a child who did not deserve that treatment! Justice did not prevail in this case, I am so dissapointed.

February 23, 2011 at 9:56 a.m.
  • I wish we would bring back public executions ....

February 23, 2011 at 9:48 a.m.
  • Thats it! 15 months? Are you kidding me. That SOB will get more when he goes to the pin. Men in there don't like men who harm children. They feel it could have been theirs. I hope the mo fu is somebodys girlfriend by the end of his first day.

February 23, 2011 at 5:17 a.m.
  • I've been trying to follow this case lately but haven't seen any mention of the child now. Did the child have any permanent injuries as a result of this?

February 22, 2011 at 11:38 p.m.