Comments

• Go up, up, up please! My little ranch made me a fortune. I got more for the minerals than what the land was worth ten years ago.
    Drill baby drill!
    I thought I was rich until paid Uncle Sam though.

February 24, 2011 at 10:04 a.m.
  • Bighorn...

I considered that notion and then rejected it out of hand because it conflicts with my pessimistic and sarcastic nature :-)

February 24, 2011 at 9:08 a.m.
  • can someone tell how to stick it to the fatman who is hogging all the oil i'm an auto tech at walmart and all i hear from the customers that come in for oil changes and tires how can they save gas all i tell them is to make sure you properly inflate their tires if they dont know how much air to put in the tires and what is the best oil to save on gas the air in tires is simple its on the door plaque for smaller cars like hondas and cheverlets impalas is 32lbs of air in each tire and trucks 35 lbs per tire and HD trucks 50lbs in front and 75-80lbs in the rear and the best oil my opion is synthetic oil might cost a little more but it's worth it you can go 5000 miles til the next oil change for people that dont have time to get their tire pressure checked just drive to your friendly walmart store and drive over to the tire and lube department and ask one of the techs to check the pressure in the tires we be glad to also check your battery and alternator too thank you from a auto tech and lube guy

February 24, 2011 at 8:55 a.m.

February 24, 2011 at 8:43 a.m.
  • It is about time we start getting gas from other stores and show this money hungry company where we stand...
    I keep hearing this every year, I keep getting and passing e-mails concerning boycotting any one gas company.
    During the Exxon Valdez spillage, all cried boycott and show we mean business...What did Exxon do? lower prices .02-10 cents lower than the rest and people quickly forgot about the boycott.
    What action are our elected officials taking? When are we going to start using the oil we have in our country in storage?
    Remember the Alaskan Pipe line which was built for 8 billion to off set our oil problems... It now as corrosion & poses a severe public safety & environmental risk due to limited use (12%).
    Reality is, gasoline users just like smokers, a lot will quit, however alot will still pay $5 - $6 a pack...

February 24, 2011 at 7:27 a.m.
  • Fatguy: Has it occured to you that the other retailers had to fall in line with Murphy's pricing?

I except without Murphy in Victoria, New and Thomas would have retail above $3 a month ago.

February 24, 2011 at 4:52 a.m.
  • I remember a few months back when the Murphy Express opened on Navarro. They were about 15-20 cents lower than everyone else and some thought since they were an outside company and had thier own refineries and distribution network they could force prices lower from the "established" outfit that controls our gas distribution. Now it seems they've decided its better to go with the program than buck the trend. They haven't been significantly cheaper than anyone else in town since about 2 months after they opened.

February 23, 2011 at 8:42 p.m.
  • Gas is 10 cents higher than the bigger cities. Shouldn't it be the other way around. I do a lot of traveling and prices are always higher in Victoria and I starting to believe that one company here that has a chain of convenience store has a lot to do with establishing the price of gas in this area. Every one follows their lead and it is about time we start getting gas from other stores and show this money hungry company where we stand. We are tired of being pushed around. I have already started pumping gas at other stores and only buy gas from this company if I am in dire need for fuel. If you want to know the rate of oil go to kitco.com it shows gold silver and oil prices, and as of this moment oil is under a $100 a barrel.

February 23, 2011 at 6:25 p.m.