Comments

• come on tstorm, what kind of attitude is that? Its a DA kid. And I have been right about alot of things, especially when it deals with VISD!

January 10, 2011 at 6:42 a.m.
  • As I said before, two words:

Domestic terrorism

January 8, 2011 at 1:29 p.m.
  • "The handwritten letter had a Bay City postmark, but a fictitious return address, Brown said."

Postmark...it went through the Bay City Post Office.

January 7, 2011 at 6:36 p.m.
  • It's a felony according to the way it was delivered. First using the USPO and second by using the internet. These are both federal crimes therefore the feds should be playing a vital role to end this madness.

Oh and this whack job falls under several of the provisions of that article.

January 7, 2011 at 2:20 a.m.
  • Uforreal:

It really doesn't matter who the author of that letter is. Prank or not since 9/11 the rules have changed. ANY terroristic threat will be taken seriously and dealt with accordingly.

January 6, 2011 at 1:26 p.m.
  • This letter is all BS! I guarantee you its not a parent but some kid doing all this. I haven't been wrong yet.

January 6, 2011 at 1:12 p.m.
  • Bay City’s Barney Fife alone should be able to crack this case, if he hasn’t.

January 6, 2011 at 10:15 a.m.
  • One thing that baffles me is Bay City Police Chief Barkers statement that the FBI assistance was declined because this is not a federal crime. Um, excuse me but making a threat against an assembly that interferes with its progress is a terroristic threat.

How is that NOT a federal offense?

January 6, 2011 at 9:22 a.m.
  • I have to agree with justobserving...if the FBI has offered their services to help, let them. Why wait for something really bad to happen before letting them come in.... my prayers are with the students and staff there!!

January 6, 2011 at 7:54 a.m.
  • Hmm...what I have read and understood, the author of that letter has committed a third degree felony. Post 9/11 and all the school shootings that are being, and have been committed, one would think that the help the FBI has offered would be taken. I'm quite sure the FBI agents have much more experience than the locals, not to mention far greater resources.

January 6, 2011 at 2:52 a.m.
  • I previously thought the FBI was already involved. Shouldn't we accept any help available for a quick end and safe outcome for this situation? I still don't see how there would be no records from the high school or junior high, for detention before the break or detention already scheduled for after the break, that wouldn't match up to the references made in the letter. Was there a child assigned detention for talking right before the break? Or was assigned to attend detetention directly after returning from break? There has to be something. Someone...student, teacher, other staff...has to know that handwriting...and even the grammar (unless it was all altered intentionally). If a child was hurt, as per the letter, wouldn't someone know something about it? Are they singling out the superintendent's child(ren) because they were in the classroom when alleged incident occurred? Praying for safety for all students, staff, and parents involved and for an arrest very soon.

January 5, 2011 at 9:03 p.m.