Comments

• Mr Kemp- get a lawyer and fight this injustice. You have the right to the heliport. Just one complaint. Come on now.
    Get the signitures of the rest of the neighbors that say you can keep the landing area. You will win this one.

January 11, 2011 at 7:30 a.m.
  • Somebody sick mister Tyler on Chief URE again. GO get him boy.LOL

January 6, 2011 at 6:38 p.m.
  • zoning, zoning, zoning, zoning, zoning........although this person should be grandfathered. ridiculous that a police department would even have to mess with something so trivial.

January 6, 2011 at 2:42 p.m.
  • The Victoria Police Department HAS made some of the Cheesiest commercials I have ever seen, BUT THEY ARE GREAT AND FUNNY !!!! Way to go Chief Ure !!!!!

January 6, 2011 at 1:11 p.m.
  • First off I think they should lay off Mr Kemp. He's been using the same place for 18 years with no complaints or safety issues. Now somebody wants to complain. Give me a break! Its not like he is flying out everyday. He has done everything he is supposed to do to be compliant with both the city and FAA.

That being said. How many of you were aware that Kenny was flying a helicopter out of his back yard in Northcrest? I wasn't. Now imagine if Mr Kemp had an accident and crashed into a couple of his neighbor's houses? What would be the reaction? My guess is that a bunch of people would immediately point fingers at the chief/city and blame them for allowing a potentially dangerous business to operate within the city limits. How dare the city put our citizen's in danger!.....etc.

Looks to me there is no way for the Chief/city to win here.

January 6, 2011 at 1:09 p.m.
  • Lol, I agree with you will. It seems like all our chief does is play on facebook and make goofy commericals

January 6, 2011 at 12:39 p.m.
  • Dear Citizen,

It has come to our attention you are operating an illegal business as defined by City Statute 349u3049u4309u,

Please discontinue your livelihood or we'll send some government sanctioned thugs in black masks to shoot your dogs.

xoxo,

The Village Government

January 6, 2011 at 12:35 p.m.
  • Tell URE to go back and play on his facebook, niceley, though!

January 6, 2011 at 12:27 p.m.

January 6, 2011 at 12:25 p.m.
  • GOP and Bighorn- you should run for office. I would love to see a sense of humor back in town. You guys crack me up.

January 6, 2011 at 11:39 a.m.
  • Well if we're going to complain about John Q Public doing what he needs to do to support his family and stay out of the welfare line then why not let us complain about being in the flight line of the military birds doing touch and go's at the airport. I mean it sounds like Mr. Kemp has been flying a while but those helmets behind the stick are PRACTICING!!!

Hello Chief Ure! Talk about safety!

January 6, 2011 at 11:36 a.m.
  • His neighbors have been talking to the deer and javelina in Berclair about the same problem with those noisy flying machines.

January 6, 2011 at 10:47 a.m.
  • My guess is some folks must be looking for things to whine about. I mean 15 times in 1 year? Really? I like the idea of people putting a big sign in their yard expressing their opinions. Mine would be "Please land here! I need a ride to WalMart.".

January 6, 2011 at 10:33 a.m.
  • Typical citizen behavior for the citizen's of Victoria. Let's complain about something that we don't believe in or somehow rubs us the wrong way. One complaint is not a public nuisance. Why can we not live together as a community recognizing our differences and tolerating them. Why don't we embrace the diversity and bite our tongue and live together harmoniously. Too bad the mindset of the town is closed minded and clannish. It starts at the top. Why mention closing this guy's landing heliport unless the city is bending to someone's special request. One complaint---hummmm-- I wonder which neighbor is crosswised with Mr. Kemp?

January 6, 2011 at 10:32 a.m.
  • Geesh, I’m glad you people are not my neighbors.
    You would get me evicted for all the sonic booms coming out of my house after my Sunday’s NFL Football games Hams Beer, and Bean Nachos feast.

January 6, 2011 at 10:26 a.m.
  • The complaintant sounds like some of the people we have here in San Antonio, they have nothing to do but gripe. They are the folks who move into 50 year-old houses near the airport and complain about the noise. They want their houses remodeled and soundproofed at the expense of the taxpayers. Or they move into new developments and complain about the smell of the manure left by the cows in the pasture on the other side of their backyard fence!
    Also, last time I looked, the Feds' say so tops local opinion especially when the FAA is the authority. While the Chief may be rightly concerned with "public safety" what is his expertise and experience with flying choppers? Perhaps he should defer to the FAA on this one and go make the STREETS safer.

January 6, 2011 at 10:18 a.m.
  • Speaking as an old Navy wife, 15 times in one year is pebbles. Try having a sonic boom at least 3-4 times a week and trying to catch your pictures as they fly of the wall. Or a neighbor in a condo who is a drummer in a band. Big cities do not protect you from noise, make up your mind Victoria. Are you a small town or a big city?

January 6, 2011 at 9:54 a.m.
  • Another outrage! Perputrated by the village government! I am going to contact the big man on council and see if he cant stop this infringment of rights! I once new a man in Togo who was able to acuire a large number of parts from an old ICBM. He was planning on building the rockte in his backyard and launching some time in the future. No one complained then! Maybe Hagan can stop this outrage! These flights also help to stave off this devatasted economy!

January 6, 2011 at 9:41 a.m.
  • SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you people are being too loud on this thread!!!!!!!!!

January 6, 2011 at 9:22 a.m.
  • Just a mom, I hear you!!!lol!! I love to listen to music while in the car, but I have not understood why the people have music so loud I feel the bass in my chest.I dont enjoy hearing more foul language at a stoplight embedded into their music than Ive hear in years, outside of my car. Im am not advocating changing someones lyrics or music, but not subject me or my children to the distasteful stuff. We say.... where are the police- this has got to be toooooo loud.
    A helo that left 15 times in one year( just more than once per month) can not be that bad- must be a new resident or someone got mad and is projecting their irritation towards the helicopter in Northcrest. I feel for the residents by the hospitals as those choppers may leave anytime 24/7- that would be the pits!!!

January 6, 2011 at 8:58 a.m.
  • From the City Code
    "Sec. 3-4. - Approved landing sites for rotocraft.

Except in case of emergency, no person shall land any rotocraft within the corporate limits of the city except at a location previously made known to the chief of police and not disapproved by the chief. The chief of police shall at all times maintain a list of such approved landing sites, a copy of which shall be kept by the city secretary. Said list shall at all times be available for public information and inspection.
    "

The Code does not provide any procedure for removing a previously approved heliport from the list.

January 6, 2011 at 8:57 a.m.
  • First it was all the train noise, now helicopters but not a word mentioned about all of the sirens that disturb the peace at all hours of the day. How about using flashing lights only? If people don't pull over, ticket them, end of conversation. Furthermore, what gives Ure the sole right to approve or disapprove a heliport? What a back***ward town.

January 6, 2011 at 8:43 a.m.
  • These stories always get me. You need zoning laws people. My husband and I were just talking about that a few days ago.

I agree about the noise from cars. I was behind one that had a bose slim radio duct taped to the back of the car (on the outside my friends) and blaring awful, foul language that we could not get away from. I just love explaining that to my children.

January 6, 2011 at 8:39 a.m.
  • Total bull hockey. The man has been flying in and out since 1992 and now someone complained about the noise and the chief of police wants to shut him down?

How many complaints has the chief gotten about the train noise?

Leave the man alone; he's grandfathered into that spot and I sure hope that the city doesn't blow this one.

January 6, 2011 at 8:17 a.m.
  • Then will the downtown Victoria helicopter pad be shut down?

January 6, 2011 at 7:42 a.m.
  • Ok. Someone woke up with a stiffy. Now it appears earth and sky need to shake. Like other issues in this city, what is the real issue here? I agree with the others. Leave it alone.

January 6, 2011 at 6:04 a.m.
  • Seems to me like another police chielf and city bulleying once again come on if the FAA says its perfectly legal and why only his heliport come on baloney if people started cimplaining about the noise around citizens with thier heliport im sure Chief Ure wouldnt try to close that one down come on just because its a public safety umbrella doesnt mean they can break all the LAWS LAWS are LAWS no matter who you are so I side with Mr Kemp on this one and chief Ure ought to be faie about this if he shuts down mr Kemp he needs to shut down all heliport that cause noise and complaint public safety or not. Case closed.

January 6, 2011 at 2:48 a.m.
  • Actually, the houses were there first, if the article is correct that the heliport came in 1992. 15 times in a year isn't that frequent. I can hear traffic from somewhere, assuming it's Navarro, from my parents yard & they live deep in Northcrest, I can imagine Navarro traffic is more of a nuisance to those on Bingham than the heliport.

January 5, 2011 at 9:05 p.m.
  • Uhhh, who was there first? If the residences came after the heliport, the poeple should not be complaining.

bkc is right--it can't be as loud as the car I was next to at the traffic light at Navarro and the Loop the other day. His stereo was so loud that my wife and I were unable to hear OUR radio. The sheet metel of the right rear fender was vibrating. The good news is he'll be mostly deaf in a few years; the bad news is he'll be playing the stereo even louder so he can hear it.

January 5, 2011 at 8:29 p.m.
  • Good grief leave the man alone. Go pick on some thug who has his speakers blaring so loud it sounds like his car is going to fall apart.

January 5, 2011 at 8:14 p.m.