Comments

• Calvin Miller was arrested put in jail for 2 months. He was pretty much convicted by the police and media. His name was always being thrown up in conjunction with the crime and people were afraid of him. How sad he had to go through that and now the real one is caught. It's kind of scary to think what if they made the same mistake. They reported that they had evidence linking Miller to the crime. It was his scent or so they say. How is it that this mans DNA results come back so quickly when it takes 6 weeks or longer to get results back any other time? That is why Miller stayed in jail so long waiting for DNA to come back then it took them a couple days to release him when he was cleared. I am just a bit leary about it. People will let their guard down too quickly. Mr Miller needs a public apology and compensation of his false arrest and imprisonment!

January 12, 2011 at 9:02 p.m.
  • its scary to think that you can be punished for a crime that you did not commit. call me niave but what evidence did the Yoakum police dept. have to charge that innocent man with rape? Yoakum PD are you embarrassed?

January 12, 2011 at 9:21 a.m.
  • BUT dogs don,t lie ,they smelled the scent, ,,yea ,,right,, inncennt man framed for something he didn,t do, even the high an might in yoakum were convienced,,wonder how they feel now if the wrong man had went to prison ,an the break in an rapes continued,,

January 12, 2011 at 8:57 a.m.
  • Uforreal- I agree. I have lived in both Yoakum and Edna. I loved the Yoakum police and despised the Edna police. Go figure I must be the minority. :)

January 12, 2011 at 8:36 a.m.

January 12, 2011 at 6:42 a.m.
  • Now that the real rapist has been caught I feel that the man who was accused for this crime 2 years ago recieve some kind of justice. He spent 2 months in jail for this crime that for what I understand he had told the police he was innocent,but yet they fingered him as the person without any mercy just to make a arrest to show they had caught someone. My prayers go out to the innocent man and the victims. Just remember that u may be able to hide from people but u can never hide from God. He knows everything. God Bless

January 11, 2011 at 5:37 p.m.