Home » Two transported after wreck » Unverified Comments

Comments

• I have an idea, lets build a 22 million dollar overpass to make the intersections safe.

January 18, 2011 at 5:30 p.m.
  • "I see cameras at almost every intersection in Victoria. What is the purpose?"

I heard Steve Tyler's uses them to track Ure and TMOC.

January 17, 2011 at 9:25 a.m.
  • Thanks for the explanation of the sensors " cameras". I would believe that a lot of motorist in Victoria think that they are cameras.

January 16, 2011 at 8:08 p.m.
  • cobraden

The officer has to see the driver run the light to give him a ticket. The report will put the driver at fault but they still can not ticket them. Thats the way the law is. I beleive we need the stop light cams.

January 16, 2011 at 2:48 p.m.
  • citation is less paperwork, less jury work and less non policing work for the officers. Complain to the mayor! Then the council. It will change. The practice is done so to save $$ and have a productive visible police force. I dont know if you can have a standardized monetary citation system but its worth looking into it.

Insurance companies are probably bogged down w/ just Victoria's citation protocols. So this driver had no license. What about insurance? What about the 2nd driver? Did they?

You see why the PD lets the insurance handle it.

January 16, 2011 at 2:46 p.m.
  • They are used to detect when a car is stopped at a light, also they turn the light green when the flashing white lights on firetrucks ect. are approaching a intersection. They do the same thing the sensors in the pavement do, expect for changing the light for emergency vehicles.

January 16, 2011 at 2:40 p.m.
  • I see cameras at almost every intersection in Victoria. What is the purpose?

January 16, 2011 at 1:23 p.m.
  • Seems to me that the most important citation was issued, driving without a license.

To bad for the other driver, I doubt if he carries full coverage insurance on a 99 Escort. Now he's going to have to sue the unlicensed driver to pay for his damages and medical expenses.

He should win, but good luck collecting on the judgment.

January 16, 2011 at 1:09 p.m.
  • Right on. Anything that will help, wayward,

January 16, 2011 at 11:46 a.m.
  • Cobraden...I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some in this community try to use this accident to push for red light cameras in Victoria like the ones in Port Lavaca.

January 16, 2011 at 11:07 a.m.
  • So what VPD is really telling the public is that it is okay to run red lights and you will get away with the violation. What a crock of BS.

January 16, 2011 at 10:30 a.m.

January 15, 2011 at 9:57 p.m.

January 15, 2011 at 9:52 p.m.

January 15, 2011 at 8:25 p.m.