Comments

• there is nothing wrong with the service at the post office! the line gives you a chance to talk to others!

January 18, 2011 at 8:26 a.m.
  • Onlooker...There must be two post offices on Sam Houston. The one I use is staffed with people who have never failed to cordially greet me, help me with what I need and treat me with dignity and respect regardless of which clerk waits on me. They do their jobs quickly and efficiently. They are vastly more helpful than the average person working at most retail businesses in Victoria.

January 17, 2011 at 8:41 p.m.
  • If we get rid of the postal service, can we eliminate all this blasted junk mail that I don't want or need???

January 17, 2011 at 7:36 p.m.
  • "I hate to think that people would give up on us." Only if we can. USPS and AMTRAK are great examples of companies controlled by the government. Every year they require billion dollar "loans" from the government to survive - loans backed by the taxpayer.

The USPS has about $60 billion in pension and healthcare liabilities. These of course are the gold plated types of benefits that the unions will never give up unless the USPS is forced into bankruptcy.

January 17, 2011 at 9:39 a.m.
  • I'll feel sorry for these people the day I see them move as swift and efficient as as UPS or DHL employees. And that's not going to happen.

January 17, 2011 at 9:20 a.m.
  • The customer service of the postal service, especially the Post Office on Sam Houston is just horrendous. They have a sense of entitlement, its just poor. I do everything I can electronically now, and use UPS when I cant do it electronically. The USPS is a very last resort.

January 17, 2011 at 7:12 a.m.

January 17, 2011 at 12:06 a.m.