Short-circuited electric lamp caused Thursday mobile home fire

  • HOW TO HELPTo donate to the family, contact the Crossroads Chapter of the Red Cross at 361-573-2671. You can also go to www.crossroads-redcross.org or their offices at 2805 N. Navarro St., Suite 500.

    The family needs the following sizes:Pants: ...

  • SHOW ALL »
  • HOW TO HELPTo donate to the family, contact the Crossroads Chapter of the Red Cross at 361-573-2671. You can also go to www.crossroads-redcross.org or their offices at 2805 N. Navarro St., Suite 500.

    The family needs the following sizes:Pants: Men's 42 X 32; women's size 14, youth size 18

    Shirts: Men's XXL, women's large, boy's large

    Shoes: Men's size 12, women's size 8, boy's size 5

    Baby clothes: For 9-months to 12-months-old

INEZ - An electric lamp has been ruled as the cause of a fire that destroyed a mobile home in the 3300 block of Old Highway Road on Thursday, said Fire Marshal Ron Pray.

The electric lamp was set up on a table between two recliners toward the back end of the mobile home.

The lamp short circuited and ended up causing a failure of the electrical system, Pray said.

No one was home at the time of the blaze, but the fire did displace the family of four.

The family is staying at Candlewood Suites through its Candlewood Cares program.