Comments

• @ holein1: One of the best posts I have read in a long, long time. I'm still smiling! Thanks!

December 16, 2011 at 2:52 p.m.
  • N45BA.

Oh come on now. I bet you are saying that because of your "pride". I bet you in a darken room looking up her pictures and and saying "LOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDD HAVE MEEEECCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" !!!!!!!!!!

January 28, 2011 at 9:27 p.m.
  • Now that is HOPE I can believe in :)

January 28, 2011 at 12:19 a.m.

January 28, 2011 at 12:16 a.m.
  • VBB.

You said "Chappelle was the funniest show ever". I like you even more.

January 28, 2011 at 12:09 a.m.
  • Ya'll guys can keep going back and forth. It is funny. I got more joyment out of reading your coments back and forth to each other then the article.

I do have to comment on this. She said ""I love that everyone can watch this, especially my family" .... What, do you not want your family to see your play boy shoots? lol

January 27, 2011 at 8:23 p.m.
  • Well N45 it seems we agree on something....Chappelle was the funniest show ever, Carol Burnett is in close second. I miss TV of old, thats why I usually only watch DVDs these days.

January 27, 2011 at 8:18 p.m.
  • N45, if you are less than 85 then you're an old man trapped in a young man's body. Obviously you haven't watched any of the Apprentice. It's nothing like the Kardashians, the Osbournes, etc. You probably didn't bother to read the article either. Did you?

I'm not defending the shows, but defending the Advocates choice of story. I agree with CraZag. This is a story about a local girl. What is it about the story you don't like? Is it the fact that she's going on that show, or that she was Playmate of the Year, or that she's an attractive woman and that makes you feel dirty inside, or is it that she's from Pt. Lavaca?

BO, I don't despise senior citizens. On the contrary, I love them. The "crap" as you so eloquently put it, actually is news to our area. You see they are filming a movie in the area and reporting on that is justified on multiple fronts, entertainment, local business, happenings, etc. If you don't see how it fits into our local reporting, then I wouldn't be surprised if you thought BO is a Islamic infiltrator who is not a US citizen and is plotting to sell us to China or institute Sharia law. BTW, I'm probably older than you and probably have a much higher IQ. Also, I commend your recall ability, because there is no way I can remember what the front page looked like on 9/12.

January 27, 2011 at 3:53 p.m.
  • Even though I may be one of the seasoned citizens,Holein1, posted about; it was pretty funny.

January 27, 2011 at 3:49 p.m.
  • No disrespect to any of the posters here, but you have to admit holein1's post was funny as all get out. LOL

Get off my lawn!!!!

January 27, 2011 at 3:37 p.m.
  • Come on, guys! If it was just some girl on the show, it wouldn't be news. I normally don't watch the show either. In this case, you have someone that was raised in this area participating in this nationally televised show. It is news to this area! Many people know her and are proud of her. Don't watch it if you don't like it, but back off. I'm glad they reported on it.

January 27, 2011 at 2:22 p.m.
  • i agree N45BA looking like Jerry Springer shows too much trash

January 27, 2011 at 2:11 p.m.
  • holein1,

I'm not one of the "seasoned" citizens you apparently despise, but I agree with N45BA that this tripe and the "Ghoul" crap on the front page is not news for any genre.
    The "Ghoul" headline is actually bigger than the headline for 9/11 was in the Sept. 12, 2001 Advocate.
    If you call this news, then it is no wonder the IQ level of our younger generations is sinking to third-world status.

January 27, 2011 at 1:27 p.m.
  • N45, a little lesson. Newspapers these days cover a wide variety of "news". From Sports and Entertainment to Local and International. If you just want to read the news, as defined 50 years ago, then subscribe to the AP or another wire service.

I'm guessing you're one of our more seasoned citizens. Take a look around grandpa, this isn't 1950 anymore. We don't wear ties and suits to play golf or work in the yard. Black people are allowed to eat at the same lunch counter and ride in any seat they want on the bus. Kids don't sport flattops and poodle skirts. You're in the information age, which means you're probably going to be exposed to information you may not enjoy or like, but that doesn't mean it's trash.

I know, I know, get off your lawn!!!

January 27, 2011 at 11:08 a.m.