Wednesday, October 01, 2014




Advertise with us

Attempt to rid house of bees sparks small fire

By Gheni_Platenburg
July 8, 2011 at 2:08 a.m.


A private contractor's attempt to remove bees from the inside of a wall, resulted in a small house fire in the 900 block of Mead Road on Friday morning.

Victoria fire crews responded to the house about 9:30 a.m.

The fire started after the heating element on the propane-powered smoker the contractor was using to smoke out the bees seemingly ignited methane gas that was coming from a sewer pipe, said Victoria Fire Department Battalion Chief Roger Hempel.

The house received minimal damage, said homeowner Etta Shepherd, 76.

There were no injuries.

SHARE

Comments


THE LATEST

Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia