Friday, October 24, 2014




Advertise with us

Attempt to rid house of bees sparks small fire

By Gheni_Platenburg
July 8, 2011 at 2:08 a.m.


A private contractor's attempt to remove bees from the inside of a wall, resulted in a small house fire in the 900 block of Mead Road on Friday morning.

Victoria fire crews responded to the house about 9:30 a.m.

The fire started after the heating element on the propane-powered smoker the contractor was using to smoke out the bees seemingly ignited methane gas that was coming from a sewer pipe, said Victoria Fire Department Battalion Chief Roger Hempel.

The house received minimal damage, said homeowner Etta Shepherd, 76.

There were no injuries.

SHARE

Comments


Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia