Comments

• ditto - How ridiculous do you have to be to think that you're going to get some kind of sympathy because you're only 2 months behind in rent instead of 3? Especially when it's public money we are talking about!
    If you can't afford $250 in rent, get a real job. Plenty of work in the paper.
    This guy has some nerve! And he also made "What's not on the menu" for 16 demerits - don't think you want a hamburger after reading this. HEY ARNOLD THE WORD TODAY IS JOB!

July 14, 2011 at 4:50 p.m.
  • Will I have to say you are right on the money.

July 14, 2011 at 4:17 p.m.
  • Holein1,

Well, yes, I do and did, thank you for bringing that up. I brought well over a dozen jobs to this town two years ago and there was no fanfare or tax abatements. I did not even get a ribbon cutting ceremony.

Gross revenue of 8 million my first year and I have the right to be bitter since I paid a over a half million in sales taxes and a lot more in Income taxes and the hidden taxes of permits, licienses and fee's.

As far as your ex- I can only imagine why she left you. Maybe you left an "A" off the end of your handle.

I love Victoria, but am amazed how poorly it is managed and
    I expect better representation and clarity from our public servants.

As far as my ROI, I ask my customers daily if they see my ads and if it brings them into my store. I was told my staff are great and products are great and that is the primary reason they return.

I feel the VA singled this man out and is destroying his living.

Typical Chamber BS, not standing up for the small business guy.

Also, I do NOT live in Victoria, I live in the Country.
    Victoria is TAINTED. T' ain't the Country , T' ain't a city. So I choose my Hoheim pastrure to your flip home soon to be urban decay.

July 14, 2011 at 2:07 p.m.
  • Will, you sound like a bitter man. Perhaps you should come up with a plan to bring jobs to the area, approach the CVB and/or EDC, and then see what happens. Or did you do that already?

You remind me of my ex...would you like some cheese with that whine, you big baby?

If your opinion is so low of Victoria, then why do you still choose to live here?

Also, what kind of tracking do you do with regards to your ROI on advertising? I'm interested to see how you came to the conclusion you did. I'm sure you have some sophisticated system.

July 14, 2011 at 1:05 p.m.
  • If the Cafe was not there, Fowler and the County would spend ten grand on an economic feasability study on how much more business would increase with a coffee shop at the airport.
    We are lucky this man has invested in a cafe that helps us look like a real town. I know that sounds dumb, but a couple of vending machines are not as appealing as a cafe when these multi gazillionares line up for daily commuter flights for the CATAPILLAR Army that is coming to save Victoria's economy from peril .

If Martinez had some friends on the board, he could have received free rent from the GOB club for providing a service establishment at this County's ChickenS#%T Airport.

Get the VCVB to pony up a few bucks to keep this open when we fly in and out of Po Dunkville.

AS for the credit rating of the VA staff and the County Commisioners, I can already tell you the return on my advertising dollars for adverstising in the paper is rip off. There is poor circulation and ads are not shown on-line.

July 14, 2011 at 12:15 p.m.
  • Pecos, do you have any evidence to support your claim that the airport commission and director are the ones that have gone to the media? Sounds to me like Martinez may have been the one that went to the media to try and drum up support for "the little guy" getting pushed around by the big bad government.

Pecos, yeah times are tough. They're tough all over. If you can't afford $250 in rent, get a real job. Plenty of work in the paper.

I was planning on going by there and getting a burger before they closed but not anymore. What a jerk.

July 14, 2011 at 8:43 a.m.
  • Its pretty simple, if you rent you need to make your payments. If your
    renter does not make their payments, there are procedures in place through the court to resolve the issue.

It is petty when the airport commission and it's director feel a need to play this out in the media . People across the US are having hard times, many in the same boat.

I'm sure somewhere out there the credit reports of our elected officals, appointed board members and employees probably would show a non pay, slow pay, delinquent etc..

Try to run your business without using the media to garner support or justify your actions.

July 14, 2011 at 8:23 a.m.
  • If you don't pay your rent you don't stay in business. Period! Like the old bumper sticker used to say....."Ass, Gas or Grass, On one rides for free". The airport is not a very good place for a cafe`. Not enough traffic to keep it afloat. Good luck to the owner of the business! I hope the Airport can find a new tenant soon.

July 14, 2011 at 6:06 a.m.
  • Nuff said, if you can't pay rent, then you probably can't pay suppliers.
    otherwise, you pay your rent on time- or you don't have a place to operate.
    Don't make a public entity the bad guy. They are not, they solely are responsible for collection of of money that are owed to citizens.

July 13, 2011 at 7:56 p.m.