Comments

• TWWW

It sounds like you got away with some risky behavior. I believe that there are tons of others that did not get away with that same behavior that you feel is ok. Aids,VD, unwanted pregnancy, abortions etc not to mention possibly there souls.

Your life style sounds more suitable to dogs that are in heat. The people you slept with eventually became some ones elses wife/husband.

I would not want to give my daughter over to her future husband after she has slept around all over the place, nor would I want to receive my wife if it were a fact that she had been sloping all over other men before she becomes my wife.

Marriage & love making is reserved for you soul mate, its not to be cheapened just because its fun.

July 20, 2011 at 7:01 p.m.
  • In response to Gary, my parents thought my sister was a virgin too!
    The youth pastor at our congregation made shure my parents knew he would take care of her and boy she was taken care of....
    did you do a hyman test or did the GYN? as for virgins, LIZ CHEYNEY is technically a virgin as well. Which side of the fence are your daughters?

July 20, 2011 at 5:55 p.m.
  • "WWW because something is fun then its ok?"

Well, let's see...we were all adults, nobody was married or in an otherwise committed relationship, what we did was in private -- mostly, we broke no laws (that we were aware of)...so, yeah it was ok. I hope everyone else with whom I was involved with can look back and remember the fun we had. I do wish I'd kept the Poloroids,though.

July 20, 2011 at 12:08 p.m.

July 20, 2011 at 12:29 a.m.
  • Kyle

I think I was a little mis understood, I did not imply that a person will have a life as a failure if they had premarital sex. But the issue was about abstinence & meeting that goal, if that goal is not met then that was the failure that I was speaking of.

WWW because something is fun then its ok?

Now to the rest of the non cult members here I am going to turn you over to Jared.

July 20, 2011 at 12:09 a.m.
  • My friends and I went to many Young Life meetings and revivals growing up. ;)

July 19, 2011 at 10:31 p.m.
  • Gary..."A women should be able to come to the wedding night a virgin & vic versa."

Why?

Sex is fun whether you're married or single. The variety offered to singles is even MORE fun. Just take care to keep the little swimmer thingies away from the egg fertilization chamber and don't bump uglies with people you just met and don't know to avoid HIV/AIDS and other nasty stuff. I was lucky that AIDS came along after my single days. I had some wonderful, memorable times and nobody got pregnant and nobody got sick. All in all, a grand time was had by all.

July 19, 2011 at 9:52 p.m.
  • Kyle

Thanks, Would you say these well balanced people you have mentioned share many of your views that you have expressed recently?

I think we have to define what balanced means.

A women should be able to come to the wedding night a virgin & vic versa.

July 19, 2011 at 8:43 p.m.
  • Good for you, Gary. Chances are they would be equally balanced without abstinence. Conversely I known a number of friends over the years who have had healthy pre-marital sex lives from a relatively early age and they are some of the most well-adjusted, balanced, healthy and happy people I know. To say they aimed low would be an injustice to the people they are today.

July 19, 2011 at 8:33 p.m.
  • Jared: "...formal sex with zero partners."

Wouldn' that make you go blind?

July 19, 2011 at 7:16 p.m.
  • Kyle

You said; abstinence is not balance. I feel I could produce a number of people who now my children well & I am sure they would say that my children are balanced.

I think its a good idea to aim high. To start off aiming low is to almost ensure failure.

July 19, 2011 at 7:08 p.m.
  • Kyle, I am thinking you are writing of something closer to prudence and temperance. Whereas we disagree on which tight rope to walk on, I think we both agree that we tread on a razor's edge.

vet43, everybody knows that babies don't come from storks; don't you know it has something to do with the water??? Man, some people are so clueless. (*please with sarcasm*)

July 19, 2011 at 1:51 p.m.
  • The Sex Education text books only need one picture........a stork.

July 19, 2011 at 12:17 p.m.
  • How do you balance when walking on a tightrope, Jared? Neither too far left nor too far right, neither too rigid nor too soft in stance, neither to fearful nor too courageous, neither too fast nor too slow. There are multiple extremes that need to be tempered in order to find an appropriate balance.

If you read my comment, I never said promiscuity was the opposite of abstinence, rather I said it was an extreme - as is abstinence.

July 19, 2011 at 11:33 a.m.
  • Kyle, what is the extreme opposite of promiscuity? If promiscuity is the acceptence of casual sex with many partners, then it would seem the opposite is formal sex with zero partners. How can a person balance these two? Live one day as a casual sex person and the next as a person that acts like sex is too spiritual to even participate? This seems schizophrenic. Is this your idea of balance? If not, please explain.

To balance these too is not chastity, rather chastity grants the person the freedom to give by encouraging appropriate sexual relations.

July 19, 2011 at 11:19 a.m.
  • Neither of the two extremes are conducive for balance, Jared.

July 19, 2011 at 10:47 a.m.
  • Life is about growth in virtue, promiscuity is not virtue.

July 19, 2011 at 9:03 a.m.
  • Life is largely about finding and maintaining a balance - abstinence is not balance.

July 18, 2011 at 11:38 p.m.
  • Will, I kinda figured it'd turn out to be god's fault! :)

By the way, just becaue someone is having sex DOES NOT mean procreation is being done. I'm 63 years old and have NEVER had procreational sex. Every time I've had sex, it's been the recreational variety. More fun without the costly aftermath.

July 18, 2011 at 10:17 p.m.
  • Will

I have a 22, a 20 a 18 & a 17 yr old. All of them are healthy & atractive young adults. And by the way they are all complete virgins. God (so called) must not be doing His work in our case.

Or maybe it might be more acurate to say that God & there parents ARE DOING THERE JOB.

July 18, 2011 at 8:55 p.m.
  • How much is VISD's budget for in-school daycare?

How much money does VISD lose through young parents dropping out of school?

Seems like the district may have budgeted the money on the wrong end of the spectrum.

July 18, 2011 at 4:40 p.m.
  • You won't get in a car wreck if you never get in a car. Really? Really?
    Talk all you want, but when GOD'S HORMONES start rising, nothing you can say will prevent GOD from his work. Procreation. Yes, little Jimmy will use his little willy.

July 18, 2011 at 4:09 p.m.