Fallen electrical line sparks 20-acre fire
July 18, 2011 at 2:18 a.m.
A fallen electrical line on Old Refugio Road burned about 20 acres of ranch land Monday afternoon.
The Victoria Fire Department, Quail Creek Volunteer Fire Department and Raisin Volunteer Fire Department extinguished the blaze in about half an hour, said Victoria County Fire Marshal Ron Pray.
The departments stayed about an hour and a half longer to make sure the fire was completely put out.
One house was threatened by the fire, but was not touched, Pray said.