Comments

• Well, I DO hope to go. I don't have boots.[the last time I had on boots, it was booties] I am the kind of person that has fun wherever I go. Being outside and music in the air...FREE!!! I will give it a chance! No BAH HUMBUG from me.

July 20, 2011 at 9:23 p.m.
  • Furgot Won mure thing.....Is the "Former" Head of Security gunna b dare?

July 20, 2011 at 4:54 p.m.
  • Gat dang it!!! whur is my udder boot?

July 20, 2011 at 4:50 p.m.
  • Wow!!! Park & Ride - I so can't wait!!! I am taking vacation days for this event. I saw $$$$ on the billboards and heard boots stomping on the radio ads all the way in San Antonio TX. I am not here for a long time but here for a good time Victoria!!!!!!

July 20, 2011 at 4:47 p.m.
  • I'll be there with boots on!!! Can't wait, and I'm bringing friends and family from out of town. Great job, Victoria. If the smaller towns can have festivals, etc. you can too!!!!

July 20, 2011 at 2:22 p.m.
  • Was Pepper busy?

July 20, 2011 at 2:09 p.m.
  • Here's an idea for a small festival that Victoria can host, it could be fun, and the surrounding counties could get involved......

This was in the Advocate a couple of days ago....

"13-year-old Inez boy shoots what he calls a CHUPACABRA"

I propose we have CHUPACABRA DAYS.......

we could have:

CHUPACABRA RACES (pushing or dragging, dead or alive cabras would be allowed)
    CHUPACABRA CHUNKING
    CHUPACABRA LOOK ALIKE
    CHUPACABRA COOK OFF
    CHUPACABRA HUNT
    CHUPACABRA ART CONTEST
    BEST DRESSED CHUPACABRA
    WORST DRESSED CHUPACABRA

IF YOU HAVE ANYMORE IDEAS, POST THEM.
    1318

July 20, 2011 at 1:23 p.m.
  • I can hardly wait to see the VicAd front page the next day. Will tell us how much we loved id or what a fantastic event we missed. Either way there will be nothing but "super", "great" and "historic".

July 20, 2011 at 12:54 p.m.
  • @TxEx....on your the three below....1) that is the best response you have? and 2) only if He came during dinner and
    @GOP....funny

July 20, 2011 at 12:15 p.m.
  • TxEx: The three below would complain about the second coming of the Messiah.

Not me, I helped put him the White House

July 20, 2011 at 11:45 a.m.
  • Riverboat, sounds like a committe defense. He made the charts, nowhere near the top. The song is funny if you are from the area. So much for tourism. On being popular in north Texas.......yeah this is south Texas. The boots campaign has been a disaster. Everyone I talk to that is not from Victoria laughs at it. I think it is really funny how all these boot makers are being brought into Victoria. If we are "boot city" shouldn't they all be from here?

July 20, 2011 at 11:27 a.m.
  • Why is everyone complaining about this? Just be happy at least Victoria is trying to boost something. If your not happy with it form your own committee and start something else. I think it will be fun although I don't like country music.

July 20, 2011 at 10:43 a.m.
  • I am unable to enlighten you. You probably kind of sort of know why.

My apologies, I did not see the regional.

July 20, 2011 at 10:03 a.m.
  • Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for bringing in class entertainment to Victoria but, what I see for this bootfest is sponsorship by one of the beer distributorships and we will make this another alcohol induced party, sure we will have something for families stuck somewhere in the corner but alcohol is where it's at.

Another thing is the venue, sure the downtown square and the park are good places to have small festivals but if you really want to have an outstanding concert/festival Victoria must have a venue to accommodate such an event.....come on powers that be, look around at the surrounding counties, look at their venues.....we are so deep in the hole that we need to look up to look down......SPEAK UP VICTORIA. We want UofH to grow, we want to bring in more companies, we want more things to do in Victoria, well in order for that to happen we need more places to stay and more things to see and do.....SPEAK UP VICTORIA...Call your elected officials city and county and tell them what you think.
    1318

July 20, 2011 at 9:59 a.m.
  • Curious how many people from out of town go to this Boot Fest!!! They paid for billboards and radio commercials here in San Antonio. When I hear them I so just laugh to myself. Sure people we are going to get "Er" boots and dance line our way to Victoria Texas.. lol

July 20, 2011 at 8:11 a.m.
  • Enlighten us, JB.

BTW: I wrote regional, not national.

July 20, 2011 at 6:39 a.m.
  • Bighorn, I think it would be kind of tough to fund a Kenny Chesney, or Jason Aldean headliner.

Watch what happens to bootfest. Same as everything else in Victoria. People will go there but they will also leave because of one single thing. You can't write about that problem because no one wants to believe it's a problems.
    Get ready!!!

July 20, 2011 at 5:40 a.m.
  • No offense, but who is he? To draw a crowd, a recognized name would get the job done. Plenty of regional acts that are easily more attractive than this one.

Macaroni Fest reincarnated.

July 20, 2011 at 12:01 a.m.
  • yea this is lame! they blocked me from there facebook page for stating the truth! cause we all know how victoria is boot city usa!!! hahahahaha i just peed from laughing so hard! pay me 200 thousand to put a red x in "victoria tx." now thats marketing i bet that firm took 5 mins to come up with that! i need to go work for them i could do that all day long! headed to victoria? bring your boots! haha what a joke!

July 19, 2011 at 10:35 p.m.
  • The three below would complain about the second coming of the Messiah.

July 19, 2011 at 9:53 p.m.
  • Sounds like market days and a few extras....not impressed.

July 19, 2011 at 6:56 p.m.
  • Have to agree. Though would participate in poker tournament. Assuming it is run legally where all entry fees go to payouts

July 19, 2011 at 6:07 p.m.
  • Not a country fan or critic of it, todays country music doesn't impress me one way or another. Needed google to tell me the first thing about him. Can't wait for victoria to put this silly era behind us.

July 19, 2011 at 5:29 p.m.