Could you pass 12th grade social studies?
The following questions were adapted from a 2009 Exit Level TAKS test.
1. The United States formed the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) in response to what?
2. What New Deal agency established a pension program that contributes to the income of retired workers?
3. After the Civil War, many states passed Jim Crow laws intended to counteract constitutional amendments that granted former slaves, what?
4. What technological innovation most directly enabled the construction of skyscrapers throughout U.S. cities in the late nineteenth century?
1. The Soviet Union's launch of Sputnik 1
2. Social Security Administration
3. Citizenship and voting rights
4. Bessemer's steel process