Home » H-E-B recalls 25 store-brand products » Unverified Comments

Comments

• I used to buy my wife cut watermelon in the black containers until I bought some and took it directly home. About an hour later she had a bowl and said it had gone bad. I looked at the label and it said packed on the day before. Then I noticed that that label was on top of another label. Peeled the label back and it was 2 days older.

I returned the remainder to the HEB where I purchased it (Navarro ST) and asked for a manager. When I showed him the package and label he said it must have been done by mistake.

We walked back to the produce section and I found several more that had the same issue. A couple had as many as 3 labels one on top of another. He rapidly gathered up everything on the shelves.

I got a refund and from then on I inspect every thing packeged by the store before buying. If it looks like it has been tampered with or date changed don't buy, ask for a manager.

July 29, 2011 at 12:09 p.m.
  • Same thing with their pork chops. I never fail to find many, many bone chips and basically have to rinse them under running water to get rid of the chips.
    I was at Novak's meat market in El Campo and I watched them clean off their pork chops before they put them in the case. I now buy my pork chops and chickens at Novak's. The chickens there taste like they are supposed to. They are not packaged in the plastic and syrofoam, which I think changes the taste of things.

July 29, 2011 at 10:50 a.m.
  • We used to always buy our BONELESS chicken tenders from HEB until a few weeks back, we were eating some chicken-veggie stew, and one of my daughters started to gag on something and i quickly pulled the food out of her mouth with my fingers and i couldn't believe what I found, there was this sharp tiny bone in one of the bits of chicken! The others members of my family whom were also having dinner found some on their bowls too just a few seconds after. I took the bag back to HEB explained what had just happened and they sent it to be analyzed. They said THEY DID FIND SOME MORE BONES in the tenders that were left on my bag. They refunded the $9 that I had spent, gave a $10 gift card, and some coupons for more of their chicken!!! ??? No "SORRY"s no appologies. ??? I asked for the bags to warn that they might contain pieces of bones from now on, but they didn't mind.

July 29, 2011 at 10:24 a.m.

July 29, 2011 at 5:27 a.m.

July 28, 2011 at 10:47 p.m.

July 28, 2011 at 10:12 p.m.