Comments

• im sure visd office will be floored that someone from west hs is complaining

August 2, 2011 at 11:08 p.m.
  • I wonder if this company is on the approved vendor list? Was it bidded out? A formal complaint must be done otherwise there is no issue or it falls on deaf ears. We should really support local business'. If uncompentent then go out. I can understand letterman jackets but then again you have Jenz business off of Water St. My West kin folk, smh.

July 31, 2011 at 9:47 a.m.
  • East H.S. students have their choice of 4 or 5 local professional photographers to take their senior photos, or have one taken with a regular school photography company. I wish I knew why West has a different plan.
    Hey Advocate, How about finding out the reason for this.

July 30, 2011 at 10:23 p.m.
  • I don't see much of an issue with one company taking the yearbook photo. Reminds me of photo day and having to 'dress' up that one day of the school year.

They can still go take photos with a local photog if they wish.

July 30, 2011 at 10 p.m.
  • I wonder which school board member or VISD Official has close family or friends that own this Tilde photo company?

I don't get it though. If you want a local photographer to take your senior pictures what is stopping them ? Is the school not going to allow them to set foot on the campus ? Just take a nice set of photos off campus then. West High just sits in a big empty cow pasture anyway. Not very photogenic.

July 30, 2011 at 9:31 p.m.
  • Why?

July 30, 2011 at 7:27 p.m.
  • Way to go, VISD. Thumb your noses at us local photographers... after all, we pay VISD taxes all year, for many years. Let a San Antonio company who pays nothing, in the way of taxes, walk away with the money. Don't allow the students to express themselves through a one-on-one session with a local photographer... so, typical of our VISD bureaucracy.

July 30, 2011 at 6:35 p.m.