Diesel tank erupts during morning barn fire
June 20, 2011 at 6:20 a.m.
A diesel tank ruptured during a barn fire in the 2590 block of Lower Mission Valley Road on Monday.
The fire, which started shortly after 10 a.m., began after flames from an unattended trash can fire escaped, igniting both a nearby barn that contained the tank and the grass around it, said Victoria County Fire Marshal Ronald Pray.
No one was injured.
However, the barn, which contained tractors and other farm equipment, was a total loss, said Pray.
Although the diesel tank could hold 500 gallons of fuel, it is not known how much fuel was in it at the time of the fire.
The property belongs to Timothy W. Prickett and Teresa L. Prickett, according to Victoria County Tax Assessor property records.