Home » Aggressive panhandler concerns police » Unverified Comments

Comments

• I carry a gun. If I feel threatened or he threatens my family I will use it.

February 26, 2012 at 9:48 p.m.
  • maybe the public will get lucky and he'll start walking around town in a 'security' t shirt.

if so vpd, dps, tabc, texas rangers, cia, fbi, nato, delta 6, barney fife will come down on him like a ton of bricks !

June 24, 2011 at 12:23 a.m.
  • 99% if you just speak to pepper or this new pain in spanish they walk away

for the other 1% ill dig and throw some french or portuguese curse words at them

June 22, 2011 at 7:28 p.m.
  • If this individual can drive a car then he doesn't have to bother people going about their business. He needs to get a job where he can talk with customers - maybe at the end of the day, he'll know what it's like to have worked all day, go home "tired", and give others the break they deserve from him.

June 22, 2011 at 2:59 p.m.
  • Lock him up, and the sooner the better. Sounds as though he belongs in a loony bin and not roaming the streets of Victoria.

June 22, 2011 at 2:58 p.m.
  • Didn't Pepper win the lottery some time back?

June 22, 2011 at 1:54 p.m.
  • will wrote:
    "...my store parking lot... / ...non rent paying vendors"

Wasn't there an ordinance or something passed a short time ago for "street vendors" to obtain a permit to do business in parking lots?

Seemed like it stemmed from all the people selling cars and animals in front of Lowes/Big Lots.

June 22, 2011 at 12:02 p.m.
  • I deal with these kind of people all the time at my store parking lot. Some try to sell cologne, cd's,dvd's(bootlegged new releases) that are a federal offence to copy and sell.
    All of these thugs are aggressive.
    Seems there could be a three department raid on these beggars and non rent paying vendors. That would be actually serving the public and not the way thay go into a club after along investigation about lettering on a t-shirt. Wait, if these guys are agressive, I am shure the VPD really don't want to confront them.
    Hard working, peace keeping, 18 year olds are much easier to harrrass.

June 22, 2011 at 11:20 a.m.

June 22, 2011 at 10:07 a.m.
  • Pepper is not a nice guy. He's gonna get bloodied up some day when he harass the wrong person.

June 22, 2011 at 8:31 a.m.
  • Kind of sounds like a new version of Pepper

June 22, 2011 at 8 a.m.
  • I was walking across Victoria Square parking lot in 98 degree heat. This guy pulls up (in a vehicle newer than mine), rolls down his window, turns down his radio and sits inside in the air conditioning while I am standing in the heat listening to his sad story. He was definitely not happy when I sent him on his way.

The article is right and people should be careful. The guy is definitely 'off center'.

Maybe we should provide 'drive-up-windows' for panhandlers?

June 22, 2011 at 5:44 a.m.

June 21, 2011 at 10:41 p.m.

June 21, 2011 at 10:34 p.m.

June 21, 2011 at 6:25 p.m.