Comments

• rachelj.... are you speaking from experience and doing this with him? i havent seen you around on the weekends, so you must be just speaking out of stupidity... or ignorance!

July 6, 2011 at 11:47 a.m.
  • Get it all off the streets. I've seen too many people go down because of drugs. It is a long and brutal road. I know first hand what it can do. Thank God I seen the light but for many it will never be seen. I say do what ever it takes to get all drugs off the street. Even prescription drugs. Alot of Dr. hand it out like candy. Not to say alot of people lie to get them as well.

June 30, 2011 at 7:36 a.m.
  • @mamaJ; you might want to start just taking a natural alternative.

June 29, 2011 at 9:55 p.m.
  • I like the way it was stated it's not the Doctors fault. I have seen first hand how it is So easy for Doctors to write prescriptions for anything ( amazed their was even a Morphine pill). As for myself I am into Natural health, but I collected many prescriptions to show people how easy a Doctor writes a prescription for a narcotic. It is sickening! I have health insurance so yes my insurance paid for them while I pay for my insurance premium, but I wanted to make a point. It is the doctors fault for freely giving these out. Most people get addicted and they get addicted through prescriptions givin to them. Now for the men and women involved with selling them, they make fast easy money and they need to be shown that , We don't want this in Our towns. It is a vicious cycle that won't get a quick fix by arresting the people selling them. Look into Florida, people drive miles for their drugs! This is just a small dent.

June 29, 2011 at 9:49 p.m.
  • from a very serious auto accident and was hit by a drunk driver since your so nosey..

June 29, 2011 at 5:11 p.m.
  • I am speaking of social security disability, which is actually nothing but an "insurance" claim through SS. I can get Medicare part B, but it's more $$ per month ($110 extra, I believe). And it pays very little -- if any -- on the type of services I use most.

Thus, I rely on another insurance as a primary. It has a prescription plan, though my monthly costs for my meds are still quite a bit. Part D or similar would not affect anything other than cost me more $$.

I am thankful for the SS disabilty but have to admit it was an extremely frustrating process and took nearly 3 years to get. I had the necessary documentation, yet I was still denied and wound up having to get an attorney. In the meantime, it put a huge financial strain on our family.

Anyway, getting an attorney cost me $6000 (an amount set by SS). A hearing with an administrative law judge was set up by SS, and he ruled in my favor. In fact, after viewing my files, the ruling was made without the hearing even having to take place, another thing I am thankful for as I often don't do all that well on road trips.

June 29, 2011 at 4:03 p.m.
  • lmmc....Who? The Slew. LMBO!!!! some people just cant admit when someone they know or care for is an addict. Open your eyes.

June 29, 2011 at 2:52 p.m.
  • I am talking about social security disability.

June 29, 2011 at 11:53 a.m.
  • Sounds like you two may be talking about two different things. Bobby, you're talking about disability insurance, correct? MissCat, you're talking about Social Security disability, correct?

June 29, 2011 at 10:25 a.m.
  • Bobby... I know several people collecting disability and deserving of disability. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people abusing disability. I see it way too often. Those are the ones my comments were directed at. No offense to the deserving.

If you are eligible for disability... aren't you eligible for medicare... which would give you eligibility for Part D... I don't know, just asking?

June 29, 2011 at 8:52 a.m.
    ---

That is completely incorrect. As someone with the misfortune of having to rely on disability right now, I can tell you for a fact that my meds are NOT paid for by you or anyone else. Even with our insurance, the cost for my meds is rather prohibitive.

One of my prescriptions is a potent narcotic for chronic pain. Due to the high costs I mentioned, I have to cut corners somewhere, and I generally make a 30-day supply of thiis medicine last 3 to sometimes 4 months. Suffering in pain is the ultimate consequence, but I can't do the same with my other meds and must take those daily.

But my point is: Just because someone is on disability doesn't mean you are paying for their meds. That's just not the case. To boot, disability is an INSURANCE into which I paid for many years. I did not want to collect on it but had no choice. I'd much rather be working for myself as I did before, where my earnings potential was limited only by me.

Bobby
    Μολὼν λαβέ

June 28, 2011 at 4:12 p.m.
  • i have back pain and i cant even get a dr to give me pain meds, what drs are these people going to that they can just get these pills. things like this make it bad for people who really do have back pain.

June 28, 2011 at 11:45 a.m.
  • please dont assume that all of these people are guilty! i understand that there is a drug issue in all towns in america, but i just can't stand that people are falsely accused. i hope that the police in cuero have a solid case against each of these indivduals! i know for a FACT that one is innocent...

June 28, 2011 at 10:50 a.m.
  • Note to Victoria Law Enforcement: Might want to see what the painkiller market is in our county. A while back there was a well written article in the Houston Chronicle regarding pillmills.

It is important to remember that there are many folks in chronic pain that neet this help. Some lucky ones have insurance, some not.

June 28, 2011 at 10:19 a.m.
  • please people check your medicine cabinets your children are getting them from there too!

June 28, 2011 at 9:37 a.m.
  • Thank you Jesus!!! Get them off of the streets and away from our children!! These people are the ones who sell to these kids and get them hooked. I know that it isn't the doctors' fault but test these people and make sure that the drug is in their system to make sure they are not selling the drugs. You are right MissCat, I know for a fact that 4 of the men are on disability. Shame on you guys!!

June 28, 2011 at 9:10 a.m.
  • What's really sad is that these people are probably on "disability" and we are the ones buying them in the first place.

June 28, 2011 at 8:46 a.m.
  • it is really sad that these people are taking advantage of doctors and the system. it is even worse that the name of a well known person in victoria is having his name smeared and tarnished in the papers in this area.

June 28, 2011 at 8:08 a.m.
  • Thank You! Keep up the good work.

June 28, 2011 at 7:08 a.m.