Comments

• I think that they selected Armstrong and VEDC to build the plant and that's why they won't say who it is. See? It's all coming together now!! The conspiracy continues . . . (the whole A&M thing was just to throw all of you off of what was REALLY going on!!!)

I thought I saw Armstrong and Dale loading tools into their vehicles the other day. Figured they must be headed out to the CAT site!

Can't fool me, guys!!

March 16, 2011 at 4:34 p.m.
  • The Seguin operation is run by T.P.S., with mostly old Detriot Big Three management that views everyone not in management as the enemy, even the engineers. The $10/hr is right but after 90 days there are benefits, not great ones, but some. Last I heard, most of the direct labor in Victoria was to be actual Cat employees, but that might have changed.

March 16, 2011 at 1:36 p.m.
  • Maybe Caterpillar, or our favorite spin doctors Dale Fowler and Randy Vivian, will let us all know soon who will be the little slave trading personal agencies that will be supplying all the contract labor for this assembly plant. The new Caterpillar diesel engine assembly plant in Seguin is mostly staffed with contract labor employees that typically are paid between $8 and $10 an hour with no benefits. Production line assemblers, expediters, QC inspectors, forklift drivers, warehouse, clerical all fall in these categories. If you you don't believe me, just check with any of the little slave trading agencies up around Seguin. I think Victoria is in for a big surprise. Surely, any new jobs are welcomed, but how about a little truth in advertising for a change.

March 16, 2011 at 12:54 p.m.
  • Cat's coming alright. I had a house for rent or sale, sent the info to Cat Corporate and they responded by telling me they would forward to HR Victoria, indicating that a staff is already here. Cat has a reputation for taking their time and truly thinking things out before moving on anything.

March 16, 2011 at 7:49 a.m.
  • It doesn't matter who the contractor is. People will grip and moan
    on about it on this forum.

March 16, 2011 at 6:14 a.m.
  • Why all the secrets? Who cares who the contractor is. Hopefully they are local. Who ever they are when are they going to start construction?

March 16, 2011 at 4:40 a.m.
  • for a place that some say will never get built, they sure are going through a lot of trouble

March 16, 2011 at 12:47 a.m.