Home » Troopers seize marijuana, four arrested » Unverified Comments

Comments

• Hey Famman,What is wrong with your kind?
    Stopping me and sticking a dog in my car without reasonable cause is not my idea of being American.

March 31, 2011 at 7:28 a.m.
  • Vet...If my house is robbed or my car stolen, all I expect from the police is a case number for my insurance. I don't imagine the crook will be caught or that much effort would be put forth to find him.

March 30, 2011 at 5:21 p.m.
  • @wayward. You might rethink your fear of the police when your house is robbed or your car stolen. True, there are cases of "planted" evidence but our DPS, VPD and VCSO are still the folks between us and those that would do us harm and deserve our respect. We are a nation of laws not men. No matter how hard some folks would "spin" the facts the truth will always be the truth.

March 30, 2011 at 1:26 p.m.
  • 59... the drug traffickers unlucky number. I would be interested to know how many drugs were confiscated on hwy 59 in the last five yrs or so.
    You can't catch em all, but catch as many as you can. Stay safe!May God be with you.

March 30, 2011 at 1:02 p.m.
  • familyman..."If no drugs are found you get to put your car back together."

Waaaaaiiit a minute! If the dog indicates a false positive and my car gets taken apart in a fruitless search for dope, I GET TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER???? First, I'd sue the trainer of the dog and then the handler, and finally whichever idiots took my car apart. I don't care HOW much dope is transported if the state was to do something like that to a demonstrably innocent person. The "war on drugs" is not worth the civil rights of innocent citizens being walked on with golf shoes. We keep hearing about how dope is dangerous and will kill a person. Well, apparantly it isnt' dangerous enough. There are still a bunch of people using it and it hasn't killed them yet. Seems to me that Darwinian approach to the war on drugs would be more effective than what we're doing now. That is, let people use all they want and if it kills them, oh well, too bad, so sad.

To be honest, the thing I fear most from some roadside search of a car is that a cop, not finding anything, will PLANT some wacky terbaccy or a rock of crack to make it look like he knew what he was doing. Has it happened? I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if it had by some cop who didn't want to look like a fool in front of his shift supervisor for searching a clean car. I have NO trust that a cop woldn't do that.

March 30, 2011 at 11:56 a.m.
  • local law enforcement has really stepped it up on 77 and 59.

if they're not careful, 35 will be become the drug route of choice.

March 30, 2011 at 11:38 a.m.
  • Hey Famman, what about the poor soul that drives a used vehicle that was previously owned by some dope head and left remnants or odor that the canine picks up on? No system is perfect, but some people will think that THEY are.

March 30, 2011 at 6:40 a.m.
  • Good job boys! Just that six trucks of pot went by you as you were busting the smaller loads. Again, use the weigh station as a drug inspection spot. Have the K-9 unit on the job to find the drugs. If the dog does not respond to your vehicle then you get to go. If the dog hits on your vehicle then you get your vehicle dismantled and searched for drugs. If no drugs are found you get to put your car back together. If drugs are found then you get to go to jail. Not a fix to the problem but it will help.

March 30, 2011 at 3:56 a.m.