Comments

• @cnmorin: I don't know why they are calling it sexual harassment because I know what happened had nothing to do with sexual harassment, the news hears what they want to hear and then they misconstrue everything to get higher ratings- just like the tabloids. Don't believe everything you hear, esp. when it's coming from the Victoria headlines- not the first time they didn't get the facts straight and won't be the last. I just hope the guys that this is happening to are treated fairly. It certainly doesn't sound like they are. Hopefully the COV will realize what they have done and make things right for them. Such a slap in the face for our local firefighter heroes and their whole worlds just got turned upside down thanks to the unfairness of the COV and the negative spin from the media taking a fraction of the facts and calling it "sexual harassment". @JonSparkman: I agree- they should sue.

March 31, 2011 at 7:27 p.m.

March 30, 2011 at 10:45 p.m.
  • sickandtired
    read the rules about what you can say or not say on this forum.

March 30, 2011 at 9:12 p.m.

March 30, 2011 at 9:03 p.m.

March 30, 2011 at 8:21 p.m.
  • it really hurts when its family, and you know that they would not "sexually harass" anyone!! and why are they putting it out there that its sexal harassment? does anyone care about these guys futures and reputations?

March 30, 2011 at 1:13 p.m.
  • ems30

I have talked to one of the guys and someone i know very well in city hall. They are getting railroaded BIG TIME. Im not saying anything. I hope they sue. If they do the city is in trouble. But on the other hand the city does not mind getting sued. They let it happen all the time. Its not their money they pay out!

March 30, 2011 at 12:55 p.m.

March 30, 2011 at 12:10 p.m.
  • I like this...typical: Greg Mitchell, president of the local Victoria Professional Firefighters Association, said the firefighters involved in the case are not members of the association...SOOOOOOOOOOO...hell with them.

March 30, 2011 at 12:09 p.m.
  • I am getting older and sometimes I need someone to tell me the date but I still know when someone is "full of it".

After reading and re-reading the article them going over the comments several times got to ask "Where are you hearing your information"? Really!

It would seem that there are folks have a "news" source that the rest of us don't have the "inside poop". To be honest it appears that alot of people are being "tried by rumor".

Peoples lives are being destroyed by "I heard from..........." and how will they ever defend themselves against "did you hear.....".

March 30, 2011 at 11:46 a.m.

March 30, 2011 at 11:36 a.m.
  • I would really like to know the TRUE story! I would like the COV to also know that they are terminating the people who have put their lives in harms way for years to protect others lives and save others lives. These people are willing to give up so much of themselves to provide peace of mind to our community, now you are throwing them out, for WHAT?? really! They have given you soo much, now, how are they to provide for their families?

March 30, 2011 at 11:09 a.m.

March 30, 2011 at 11:09 a.m.

March 30, 2011 at 10:52 a.m.
  • Wow what a tragedy. The sad thing about this situation is the citizens of Victoria will never know the truth behind this story. Just another example of favoritism of some employees over others. This is going to be a black eye on an excellent department. If every COV employee were held to the same standard that these two guys are being terminated for grass wouldn't get cut, trash would be left in the streets, streets wouldn't get fixed, no police to patrol streets, and fire stations would close doors. Makes me wonder why anyone would want to work for the COV. Doesn't sound that appealing...

March 30, 2011 at 8:45 a.m.
  • I know sick! But they are really putting it to two good guys.

March 29, 2011 at 9:06 p.m.
  • Come on man, this is Victoria. The city manager makes a half million $ mistake and gets promoted. Granted Riley should of gone, but she should of too.

March 29, 2011 at 8:57 p.m.
  • Wow really!!!!! I know the guys that got fired today over this.They are both good men. They have never been in trouble. They did far less then others in hire ranking positions that only got a slap on the wrist!!!! I just read the story about the new fire chief and thought to my self the city is coming to getter. Oh how i was wrong.

March 29, 2011 at 8:47 p.m.